Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My pigs are fighting?

MyraChan

Cavy Slave
I got (Porky) Bear today, and ever since(I verified with a vet he is fixed.) Her behavior seems to tell me that she "YELLING" at him her hair is on end and she making (if she was human shrieking at him) Loud sounds. Should I be concerned. Did I do something wrong? She also seems to be guarding the food and water bottles. There (2x2cage is pretty big to me. I am still working on the 2 by 5foot cage it isn't finished. Is she gonna starve him?:weepy:

The only thing you did wrong was put him in HER cage. You should introduce pigs on neutral territory, with several food piles and plenty of room to run around. You should clean the cage thoroughly, so that nothing in it smells like either pig. You need at least two hideys that have two entrances and exits each, two water bottles and two food dishes in opposite ends of the cage.

And 2x2 isn't large enough for one pig, much less two. I'd keep them separated until you've got a large enough cage.

Read Guinea Pigs Social Life -- the introductions section is about halfway down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.