Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives my piggys new cage! theyve just moved in!

abi.25

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] my piggys new cage! theyve just moved in![GuineaPigCages.com] my piggys new cage! theyve just moved in!
not quite finished, but im so excited i thought id put it on! i still need to make them a hay rack and attatch a water bottle(they have a bowl at the moment) :)

its 4ft by 4ft
liner: plastic>towels>u-haul pads>fleece(velcro edge)

It looks good why did you not just make it square.

I like it, just curious, how tall are the sides? How can they not get out?

if it was square i wouldnt be able to reach in everywhere, it is going on a stand so it will be easy to access them

the sides are 8 inches,and they have made no attempt to get out:)

It's really nice. What's it made out of? I think I'd keep in on the floor in case they can jump out. Guinea pigs have been known to get out of cages with sides higher than that. One of mine could leap right out of one of those round kiddie pools.

I like how it fits just perfectly in that corner! What is it made out of?

thanks:), its made out of MDF but ive lined it with plastic to prevent it getting ruined:) i didnt know that! i might have to make a mesh lid for it, because weve got a very naughty hamster that gets in to everything! he climbs up the radiator, then on to the curtains and gets into their cage to steal their veggies haha :)

Definitely cover it so the hamster doesn't get in there. Hamsters can be very aggressive and might attack your guinea pigs. They're more solitary critters than guinea pigs and are more prone to bite.

The cage looks fantastic. Good job!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.