Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos My Piggies!

itsjustmebre

Cavy Slave
Just figured I show 'em off! :) But you need the full story, before pictures :pSo, I got Oreo and Sundae for BlueButterfly back in November, they were nearly 2 months old! So teeny and cute!That's them the night I got them, hiding together in the tube :pSo, we thought they were both male. We brought them home, and they quickly became my bestest buddies! After a little while, I didn't even mind cleaning the cages too much, even though I have health issues and am physically exhausted afterwards. Then I noticed Oreo starting to get fat, hogging all the food constantly(she let Sundae eat, but she ate a ton before letting him in LOL), and boy, going through a full bottle of water every 12 hours!Then one day, I noticed she was laying the pigloo all day. I didn't disturb her(normally I'd take one of them out and hold them while I do school work, as I'm homeschooled), and had a little thought of "I wonder if she's giving birth!" but just laughed it off. Sure enough though, I left for an hour, then came back to bring them their veggies and saw this...For the next two hours it was a mad dash to take Sundae out, figure out caging for him(poor boy was stuck in a plastic bin for a little while, as we had literally no other options), and learn baby piggy care. Oh, and get pictures to show them off :3The funny this is, no one knows who fathered these 4 lol Oreo and Sundae had a piggy play-date with my friends two males, and the timing was right so it could have been one of them. We've got it narrowed down to two parents, because none of the babies appear to be long-haired, and one of hers is.Unfortunately though, we didn't get Sundae removed fast enough, and Oreo is pregnant again! Joy oh joy XD She's around 50 days pregnant(not looking up how many days its been, but somewhere around there). We learned though, and took everyone to the vet to get identified haha. Now onto more pictures...they're all from today, from now on :)
[GuineaPigCages.com] My Piggies!
This is all 6! And no, they're not normally like that haha, don't freak out ;) I just put the boys in the big side sometimes so they can run around more, they're feeling a bit cramped in their cage(but I have no room for a larger one, that's part of why we're trying to find homes for some of these guys/gals!)

I have to post a comment to get all the pictures, so please don't reply until after I say I've added all the pics! ;)

Wow! Looks like you are going to have a handful. Poor piggies-- Not being mean, but those cages are REALLY SMALL.

Good luck!

A fat(and VERY pregnant!) Oreo *smile, since I can only have 10 images total* She is SUCH a sweetie! She loves to lick my hands <3 And she's actually way nicer to me while pregnant, while she's mean to everybody else :p She gets so excited when I come upstairs! She also is the one who starts off the dinner-time squeaking. She knows when it's dinner time, and squeaks loud enough that I can hear her downstairs and on the opposite side of the house, with people over and music on. No joke! She's the loudest pig ever haha.

This is Sundae! He's such a goofball! He's really sweet though. One of his favorite things is listening to me play guitar, he popcorns every time! I love it. He used to freak out a lot every time I held him, and try to escape, but now he loves it! He absolutely hates getting his nails clipped though.

This is Mini Oreo, AKA Mo(like Monique, I guess?). She's almost exactly like her mother in every way haha. In coloring, there are literally like 3 or 4 differences. She's not as licky as Oreo though.

This is Cream! Named so because of the cream coloring on her rump :p She's the absolute sweetest of all of the babies! She loves being held, and will lick you *smile* I love love love the bit of white she has on her mouth :3

Still need to do one more post! Two babies left to be shown off *smile*

This is J.B., which actually stands for Jezzabell :p BlueButterfly named "her", and it turned out to be a boy haha. He's really really really shy, always hiding :/ But he's really sweet when you hold him, and he loves to climb up you haha. But you have to be careful he doesn't climb onto your back! He's tried!

Finally, this is Blaze! He was my original favorite, but he's insane lol. He's fast, loud, and just plain crazy lol. He's hopefully going home this weekend, to my friend Andrea, one of hers is possibly his father ;)That's my piggies! :)

You're good to post comments now!

~IJMB

Thanks for your concern Zuidy, but I'm going to go ahead and guess you didn't read through my thread(I apologize if I'm wrong, but I also said to please not post as I was still adding pictures ;)), and that the boys were just moved over into the big part to play for a bit, as their current cage is small and I have literally no room for another large cage, as the first litter was completely unexpected, as we thought they were both male. I'm not keeping all 6, one is going to his new home(hopefully!) this weekend, and, another hopefully, BlueButterfly is taking Sundae back and taking J.B. as well. I'm still not 100% on homes for one of the baby girls and then the next litter.

Also, that cage itself is 8 square feet :) And yes, I know it's not ideal to have them on the floor, but it's what works for now. You've gotta what you've gotta do, you know?

~IJMB

What are you using as bedding in that midwest habitat? It doesn't look like there's anything in the bottom of most of it.

Hopefully you can re-home them soon. Looks awfully cramped.

Oh my gawsh they are soooo cute! Thanks very much for sharing your story! ;) I've always been curious about how guinea pigs give birth~
:D JB has got to be my favourite! Though they are all cute! :p

Miss Jean, I use CareFresh Basic in the small part, and then I don't use anything in the other part, but it's got a rubberized bottom so they don't slip at all, and I use a shop vac to clean out the other side every other day, sometimes more. It sucks up all moisture really easily, and keeps it pretty poop free :)

And no, they're not normally like that haha, don't freak out ;)

There are only 3 pigs that are actually kept in that cage, and the whole thing is kept open so they can run through the whole thing. The boy, unfortunately, are in a small cage and so I let them run around in the big side so they can have more room to excersize. I kept them like this only for 30 minutes :/ The boys are a bit cramped, but there's nothing I can do about that right now, as I don't have room for 2 large cages, and they're going to be adopted out anyway.

Thank you MicoNyan :)

~IJMB

They are all darling-those babies are a sight to been seen!
Thanks for posting!

You need fleece and an absorbant layer in your midwest. If not, you are forcing your pigs to sit in their pee as it as nothing to be absorbed by. I have a midwest cage just like yours and two towels and a layer of fleece fit under the cage perfectly. It's inexpensive, you'll just have to clean once a day.
Also, the only way to keep your females from not having mystery babies like what happened to Oreo is to never allow direct interaction with males.

Your piggies are cuuuute, I just hope you'll rethink not having bedding in your cage!

Thanks for your concern Zuidy, but I'm going to go ahead and guess you didn't read through my thread(I apologize if I'm wrong, but I also said to please not post as I was still adding pictures ;)), and that the boys were just moved over into the big part to play for a bit, as their current cage is small and I have literally no room for another large cage, as the first litter was completely unexpected, as we thought they were both male. I'm not keeping all 6, one is going to his new home(hopefully!) this weekend, and, another hopefully, BlueButterfly is taking Sundae back and taking J.B. as well. I'm still not 100% on homes for one of the baby girls and then the next litter.

Also, that cage itself is 8 square feet :) And yes, I know it's not ideal to have them on the floor, but it's what works for now. You've gotta what you've gotta do, you know?

~IJMB

Sorry, but you really can't expect people not to comment if there are Pigtures involved.

Also, I DID read the whole post, I just missed the part about the no comments. I was simply acknowledging the fact that they were in small cages. Which, might I add, is what the majority of the people who reply here are going to say.

Either way, good luck finding homes for the sweet ones!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.