Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting my piggies lonely!

abi.25

Cavy Slave
as i said in my last post, my piggie Lola has lost her friend. i have heard about some babies looking for a home but do i have on or two? my cage, according to www.guineapigcages.com is big enough for 4+ (15 foot squared) so i have the room but what is best for my piggie? she is only 7 months old:)

Good for you for getting your piggie a friend! And wow, super good for you for having a cage that big! I don't think it matters too much whether you have two or three, most people only have two because of space or money, but you deffinetly have the space, so if you have the money you could go ahead and get three if you want. It really depends on you, your piggie will most likely be happy either way. :) If you need somewhere to find piggies available (although it sounds like you already have a place) You could check if there's a guinea pig shelter around you, or you could check on petfinder, you could look for the guinea pigs available for adoption on the adoption forum, if you scroll to the top of this page, there should be a button that says find guinea pigs. You just put in some info about where you live and it will tell you guinea pigs available in your area. Good luck with your new pig(s)!

thankyou, i am worried that if i have two they will gang up on Lola? or leave her out?

thankyou, i am worried that if i have two they will gang up on Lola? or leave her out?

If you do quarantine for the 21 days, then introduce in neutral territory, it's likely they will get along just fine. No reason to think otherwise.

sorry, @CavyMama, but i'll throw my two cents in. one can always hope that all will get along just fine, but based on my experience i would never plan to adopt another pig without being prepared for them NOT not get along. i had two young boys that were nicely bonded, and brought home a third older male for a friend. the oddest thing happened - the two bonded boys began fighting, blood was drawn and suddenly instead of the friendly 3 pig family i had intended, i had to expand and divide my cage for 2 sets of pigs. and then, i ended up adopting a fourth pig for the one that was by himself. so, while i have NEVER EVER regretted adopting and expanding my family of pigs - because they have such unique personalities, they don't automatically get along. i followed all the instructions and guidelines for "proper" introductions - but sometimes stuff happens. Good luck! it can be exciting and fun to just go and see what happens!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.