Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggies are weird....

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
This morning when I woke up I saw that my piggies did some re-arranging during the night. My little girls are slightly weird.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Click for larger picture

MinnieMay9

Cavy Slave
Mine to that all the time. It's really funny if you can catch them doing it too. Buttons will get under the wooden tunnel I have for them and try and lift it and walk with it on her back while Miss Mittens will grab and edge and try and drag it. They do this about once a week.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Mine like to flip thiers and use it as a litter box. It's so gross, but they seem to find it very convenient. :p

caribear

Cavy Slave
That is cute! My guinea does also move the items around in her cage-the tunnels, boxes, etc. It must be pretty common.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Mine only move the litter box. It fits in a corner but I always find it pushed to the center.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
It good to know that my piggies aren't the only one that like to re-arrange their house:)

piggerz

Cavy Slave
Mine like to rearrange too. They like to move the houses into the center of the cage, so they can run around the perimeter of the cage. Their food dishes are never in the same place either. Maybe they get tired of their "furniture"?
Piggerz

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Mine rearrange almost everyday. I put flipped over shoe boxes in there for hideouts, and when I sit in my living room and look into the kitchen where their cage is, sometimes all I see is a box bouncing up and down, moving along the side of the cage. It's so funny.

Clementine

Cavy Slave
Clementine moves her food bowls around and sometimes her house a little more to the side. When I put her food bowls together they always end up...
''Sigh'' well that's the way they are, they like things to be different

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Mine do that too sometimes. One time I was watching them, and didn't know any of them were in the one house I have, when it suddenly started to bounce up and down! It gave me quite a scare! : )

And my one has a habit of nudging things with her side to move them, and she won't let anything stand in her way! One time I discovered she had "pushed" the side of her cage over, offering a very easy escape route! (But thankfully, none got out.) Also they will occasionally flip their food dishes over, spilling the pellets everywhere.

What are piggies smart enough to do? Roll on their backs and play dead, I guess. LOL!

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
My little fat Ink Spot is always trying to move a pigloo over the food dish so she can eat in bed & so nobody else will get any. My boys will get mad at each other, go into their pigloos and swing them around so the doors face away from each other. It looks like turtles who are not speaking.

Shaffy

Cavy Slave
Thats funny, i remember my cousins guinea pigs doing that too, it was funny top see the food dish in the pigloo at the other end of the cage.

Lyah21

Cavy Slave
Only my girls move stuff around. Within five minutes of me putting things back the way I normally do in the morning LuLu has he way and moves everything around. The boys don't move a thing.

Clementine

Cavy Slave
Clementine moves her food bowls in front of the house. lol
So its sort of a buffet.
Silly piggy. They're full of surprise's, that's what makes them so much fun!

squeak3r

Cavy Slave
Patches doesn't move anything. But he really likes eating his veggies in his cozy, so he drags them out of the bowl piece by piece into the cozy, and then eats them.... wierdo....:D

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
But he really likes eating his veggies in his cozy, so he drags them out of the bowl piece by piece into the cozy, and then eats them....

LOL, squeak3r, my piggies do that too! Especially if I give them their favorite, a carrot, they almost always carry it to enjoy in their house! lol Silly guineas...

squeak3r

Cavy Slave
LOL, squeak3r, my piggies do that too! Especially if I give them their favorite, a carrot, they almost always carry it to enjoy in their house! lol Silly guineas...

:p Awsome, now I know he is not alone in his neurosis! The first time I saw him do that, I thought ''is he afraid I'll take it back?'' because he is alone for now. Oh, piggers are just so cool :cool:

Clementine

Cavy Slave
Ya sometimes clementine does that, only if it's a valuable piece of food that can fit through her door and if her dish bowls are not in front of her house. :yawn:

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
I like to mess with my boys a little. Sometimes I give them carrots cut the long way so they're a little too long to go through the pigloo doors. It's too funny to watch but eventually they figure it out & angle those carrots through the door. Smart little guys!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.