Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty My piggie scratchs her one eye!

Re: My lunaria went to the vet today!

wounds and bald spots and is a type of eye oint ment i will post in like 5 mins.

she also didnt give me anything for my other piggy. just this eye ointment

ok the ointment is called Terramycin

Terramycin is an antibiotic for the eyes. Does she have an eye infection?

her mites are near her eye is what the vet said

I went ahead and merged your two threads about Lunaria. That way people can help better knowing what's been going on with her. I also moved the thread here to the medical section since it's relating to a medical issue.

ty foggy and i went to banefield by me which is also trained in exotics.

Banfield? As in a Petsmart store?

yea? my guardin did it for me cus it's his money

bump im worried i did sometyhing wrong

Hmmmm...Pet Stores do not have the knowledge or experience in treating exotics, and they are often if not always wrong on information regarding guinea pigs. They may have a "Vet" so to speak on staff there, but it's highly unlikely that their Vet is a competent one. You should have taken her to a real Vet. I still would do that, if at all possible.

i dont hve them money for another money

i mean vet. the ointment seems to be helping lunaria tho she doesnt scratch as much but i think im going to un sereprate the pig's cus they are both so sad now

is there a way for me to treat mites without using needles for im deathly afied of needles. So the vet i use well robbed me of money is what your stateing!

Ok, first, Banfield does NOT have vets who are trained in exotics. They know almost nothing about guinea pigs, and it is indeed a waste of money to take your pets there in almost every case.

And yes, you can treat your pigs without using needles. But you apparently haven't read the links that several people posted for you that have information on how to do so. Go read those links, and then if you've got more questions, come back and we'll help you figure out what to do.

is the oral one the non needles one and how do you do it. do u put it in their water or on their pellets i read it but i just saw the needles one but i double read now sorry bplatters. I'm just seeking help im not trying to bother anyone.

You use syringes without needles to draw up and measure the ivermectin, it will be just a tiny amount. You then rub it into their skin on the back of their necks.

okay thank i will order some

A good place to order both the ivermectin and the syringes is (broken link removed).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.