Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Pig Keeps Knocking Over His Litter Pan?

gothicpretzel

Cavy Slave
So I realized pretty quickly that my pig Xander makes quite a mess for himself around his cage with droppings and such, so I decided to try a litter pan. I have him in an aquarium for now, so I put the litter pan in the corner, and put some of the old droppings into it after cleaning his cage of everything else. Well, I woke up the next morning and the pan had been tipped over, and dragged to the other side of the cage. I set the litter pan back up, and a couple hours later came back to find the same result. Am I doing something off or does Xander just enjoy using his entire habitat as a litter pan?

Most pigs will poop all over the place, it sounds like your Xander is a typical pig.

Being in an aquarium,which is too small, is probably making him bored. For many reasons, I suggest getting him into a larger, healthier environment as soon as possible.

My plan is to get him into a larger habitat within a couple of weeks. I need a little time to clear a larger space in my room for it. :)

My plan is to get him into a larger habitat within a couple of weeks. I need a little time to clear a larger space in my room for it. :)

Refer to the home page so you plan a cage that will be large enough for your guinea pig.... Try putting industrial strength velcro on the litter box and the wall of the cage and it'll keep him from pulling it away from the wall. I have corner litter boxes I use as hay bins and all of them are vecro'd. It works.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.