Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My newly remodled cage

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I just re did my boys cage! I'm so excited lol its still a 2x6 but it has a loft and its not L shaped and it has another lil area. Its too hard to explain...I'll post pics as soon as my camera is finished charging.

Getting.cavys

Cavy Slave
Nice, Pictures!! woo.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
I just measured it and its 38.5 sq. ft. still no pics :( I'll have them in a like an hour though!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
Ive got pics!!!

They are sorta self explanatory I think but if you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to voice them.

remadoel005.jpg

remadoel006.jpg

remadoel007.jpg

remadoel009.jpg

ginniemama

Cavy Slave
What a great cage! I bet they are happy as can be! Great job!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
Awww, thanks, they love it. They were popcorning as soon as I put them in it.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
That is an awesome cage, I see that the cat likes it too! I love how you have also made a little storage box, what a great idea. I bet the boys are thrilled! The only question/problem, I have is, what happens if they do their business on the carpet? Using vinegar to clean the carpet is a good choice, but would it not be easier if you have some sort of bedding/flooring on the floor or do the boys take themselves to the toilet in the main cage?

ginniemama

Cavy Slave
Good point! I was thinking about that too the more I looked at it. Great cage though!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
They mainly use the main cage, but there are ushally a few poops but thats about it, they are sorta potty trained, but not completely. They dont spend a whole lot of time out on the carpet because all food, hay, water, and hideys are in side on the shavings, which helps control the poops and pee too, but in the morning and at night when they are super active and popcorning they go out there and run laps, they go out in the day sometimes but dont spend a lot of lime out there, the mainly lay in there hideys during the day. But if there is a pee spot I clean it with Vinegar but theres only been one in 3 days but if they start going out there more which I dont think they will but if they do ill put a shower curtain with a sheet or blanket over it down.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Wow, what an awesome cage! Great job, Jenni.

The cat in the cage is funny. I can't believe your pigs are ok with that-my pigs would be freaking out!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
My piggys love Angel (the cat) she is in there all the time and they will go up and lay next to her and follow her around. They are best friends.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
What a great cage. I had wondered about that as well. The carpet I would of thought they would of peed on it or something. Hopefully you can get it so that they dont pee in the carpet wouldn't that be nice. But very nice cage I really like it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.