Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My New (Non-Guinea Pig) Family Members

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Wow so you are actually an accredited fully trained fish vet? We have a local fish vet here too but we help each other out a lot. I've owned fish for around 10 years now and dealt with so many different things. I work in an aquarium shop so I am always doing research on disease diagnosis and treatment. I really find it fascinating and it feels so good to be able to help people out when their fish are sick and they do not know what to do. None of the other pet/aquarium shops here ever provide accurate information mainly because they simply don't have the knowledge and unfortunately not everyone here wants to pay to see a vet when it comes to fish :(
I know! It really bothers me that ''fish just aren't good enough for a vet''. I'm not fully accredited (yet) but I have years of experience in this field and have worked with experts. :)

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
I know! It really bothers me that ''fish just aren't good enough for a vet''. I'm not fully accredited (yet) but I have years of experience in this field and have worked with experts. :)

Wow I'm super ultra mega impressed now!!! You keep wowing me every post!

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Wow I'm super ultra mega impressed now!!! You keep wowing me every post!
LOL, thanks!! I hope to get accredited for working with fish, birds and small pets in college.

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Oh, and nothing to be impressed about! I've never done major surgery or anything! :)

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
Haha yeah but that's more than I can do :)

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Haha yeah but that's more than I can do :)
With knowledge and the right tools, you too could be a fish vet! (lol, sounds like an ad!)

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
Our fish vet removed a tumor the size of a golf ball from an Oranda! He did such a great neat job but then the owners accidentally killed the fish by forgetting the chlorine neutralizer with a water change :( such a shame as the fish came through the surgery and the wound was healing well......

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
Aww sad :( congratulations to the vet though for their awesome surgery! How do you do surgery on a fish while still keeping it alive?

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
they use a special anesthetic, I'm guessing they have to do it underwater otherwise the fish would be unable to breathe and antibiotics are administered in the water afterwards to prevent infection (fish can have amoxcillan in tablet form dissolved in water, it is a form of penicillin)

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
Wow that's really neat!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.