Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage My new and improved cage!

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
I finally got my girls cage the way I wanted. It's 3x5 with a top kitchen/hay loft area. Let me know what you all think!
My new and improved cage!My new and improved cage!My new and improved cage!My new and improved cage!My new and improved cage!
I'm not sure why they loaded so small like that, but, hopefully you get the idea. The first pic is the whole cage, the second is the hay loft, the third is the sleeping area, then my version of the fleece forest, and lastly my Sophia.

Oh, hee hee, they loaded fine. Sorry...

Great job on your cage. Your piggies will be very happy.

Nice cage. Cute pigs. How many do you have?

I have two, but one is in quarentine for another week...

Nice! I had one very similar to that one and I hated it. I hope it works out better for you. Getting under the upper level into the corners to clean out the poops everyday was too hard for me. I now have a 3x7 up on a stand without any upper levels. I now have room for all their stuff underneathe and its easier to clean. I hated stepping into the cage to clean it. I would always get poop, hay or somthing in my sox/shoes and drag it all over...

I hope your cage works out great for you. Thats the great thing about these cages is because they are nice and easy to redo, expand, decrease and easy to rebuild if we move or whatever. I've built at least 14 different ones in the last 3 years and I think this one is a keeper...

I already know what you mean! It is a pain to get into that back corner! I think I'm gonna make a bedspread and that might make it a bit easier. I've been getting into it and I kind of have to lie down to reach. It will probably undergo a few modifications in the future. I LOVE that they are so easy to change!

Nice cage! It gives me an idea on how I'm going to complete mine when I get all of the grids I need.

Nice cage! It gives me an idea on how I'm going to complete mine when I get all of the grids I need.

Thanks! This forum is full of some very inspirational ideas! It was so much fun to figure out what would work the best and give the girls lots of space. By the way, this is 2 full sets of grids (I got them from Bed Bath and Beyond. I had a 20% off coupon!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.