Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General My massive cage is finally done!

jm_1234

Cavy Slave
I finally got the girls second 2X5 level done! So they have the top 2 levels and the boys have the bottom 2 levels.

wow really nice great job, how much did the WHOLE thing cost for you to build?

Ha Ha.....thats a good question! I'm guessing around $250 but its worth it :)

I like the way you added the ledge between the second and third levels for them to go back and forth between the two levels. How do you clean? Do you have hinged openings in the front?

Thanks, my guinea pigs don't like ramps but they have no problem jumping up and down off stuff so this works well for all of them plus in works as a hidy house as well. Yes, the front grids just fold down and the very bottom level open up like doors. The very top has a lid that just lifts up.

Wow! That looks like some professional coroplast building :) Your piggies are probably loving it! How many do you have?

Wowzer! That is a Piggy Mansion!!!

Wow! That looks like some professional coroplast building :) Your piggies are probably loving it! How many do you have?
Thanks, yes the girls are really enjoying the extra space! I have 4 females and 3 males.

Awesome job!

WOOOOW Very awesome cage!! Great job :D

When I get older and have room and money I want to build something like this :D

When I get older and have room and money I want to build something like this :D
My initial plan was not to have this big of a cage but I find it a touch bit addicting lol.

@jm_1234 Sorry for changing the subject of your thread but I'm wondering if it's difficult to take care of that many piggies. I'd love to have more than 2 and am wondering how many I could handle. Are you able to give each one personal attention or do they just give each other attention? I would guess as big as your cage is that floortime wouldn't add much.

Ha Ha.....thats a good question! I'm guessing around $250 but its worth it :)

By my figures- 4 packages of 20 grids plus 3 4'x8', it probably cost her some where around $140-150.

Congrats on getting your cage finished! $22 and I'll be able to get my first cage (3x5 with 2x5 loft) done. :)

:D @jm_1234

@jm_1234 Sorry for changing the subject of your thread but I'm wondering if it's difficult to take care of that many piggies. I'd love to have more than 2 and am wondering how many I could handle. Are you able to give each one personal attention or do they just give each other attention? I would guess as big as your cage is that floortime wouldn't add much.

I run a daycare from my home so I am home all day. I also have a husband and 2 kids that help me out with lap time. We usually take them out and brush them while we are watching tv in the evenings. Most of my piggies are long haired and require daily grooming. Some of my piggies only like to be held for 5-15 min at a time so it really does not take that long with my daughter and husband both taking one as well. I usually clean out their cage at nap time. Honestly I think they enjoy each others company more then myself just because they get along so well. As for floortime they just follow me around or go sit in a corner. They don't seem to enjoy it that much but they do enjoy going outside in the sunshine in their playpen. I love having a big herd but it is alot of time/work.

Wow, that is awesome! A piggy palace!!

By my figures- 4 packages of 20 grids plus 3 4'x8', it probably cost her some where around $140-150.

Congrats on getting your cage finished! $22 and I'll be able to get my first cage (3x5 with 2x5 loft) done. :)

:D @jm_1234

I worked out a rough estimate. It has 128 grids total(8 packages)for $30 each which=$240. Plus 4 sheets of coroplast for $18 each=$72. So roughly $320 total not including fleece or accesories. But once again, totally worth it.

@CritterLuvva your cage is going to be huge! How many piggies are you planning on getting? Thats very exciting that its almost done. You have to post pictures:)

This cage is AMAZING! Such an awesome job. I'm terribly jealous! Lol! ❤️

Fantastic cage! IMO it goes into the cage hall of fame :cool:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.