Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

my kids think i'm crazy! :)

joyfulnoise

Cavy Slave
hello, i am a new cavy mamma. i got reggie just last month and he is an adorable little 3 mo. old. so very sweet! when i got him i spent hours online learning everything i could so i could take the best care of him. yes, i should have done this before i got him. but what can i say....I fell in love. all i had was a starter cage and he couldn't get a good full run to play and have fun. now he has a piggie palace and loves it! i built him a 2X4 c&c cage.
i have been married for 17 years and have 3 beautiful children. they all think i am crazy with guniea pig madness.
i will share some pics as soon as possible.

Welcome to the forum and the world of piggies!! My kids gave up on me with piggies a long time go.

You will find here a whole community that loves these awesome little critters. Plus all the info you willneed to give Reggie a great healthylife.
We love pictures here so looking forward to seeing Reggie.

Feel free to ask all the questions you have. looking foward to sharing with you.

Welcome to the forum and the world of piggies!! My kids gave up on me with piggies a long time go.

You will find here a whole community that loves these awesome little critters. Plus all the info you willneed to give Reggie a great healthylife.
We love pictures here so looking forward to seeing Reggie.

Feel free to ask all the questions you have. looking foward to sharing with you.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am hoping to get some good pics this weekend. The camera is charging right at this very moment. I am still searching for another male the same age as Reggie to adopt. What I have found has been several hours away or in different states. Wish me luck.

congratulations my husband and daughter think i am obsessed too i bought a book and am alway online to learn new things about my two female guinea pigs kiki and sunshine i think it is just like being a new mommy you just want to protect and keep happy and comfortable the best you can

congratulations my husband and daughter think i am obsessed too i bought a book and am alway online to learn new things about my two female guinea pigs kiki and sunshine i think it is just like being a new mommy you just want to protect and keep happy and comfortable the best you can
That's so true. My youngest just went to all day kindergarten this past fall, and I found myself for the first time in more than 10 yrs. with no babies at home to take care of.
My kids have said many time that I treat Reggie like one of my children. I feel that way about all our pet. And since we live in the country, we do have several. :crazy: We live a fun & crazy life out here in the middle of the corn fields...Good Times!

Welcome to the forum!! Everything @suzilovespiggie said is true!!

I am still searching for another male the same age as Reggie to adopt. What I have found has been several hours away or in different states. Wish me luck.

Have you looked for an older male companion for Reggie? Having two boars the same age go through puberty doesn't sound like fun to me (I haven't experienced it myself though). Older guinea pigs seem to pair well with younger ones from what I've read on here. Good luck finding a friend for your fur baby!! :)

Welcome to the forum!! Everything @suzilovespiggie said is true!!

Have you looked for an older male companion for Reggie? Having two boars the same age go through puberty doesn't sound like fun to me (I haven't experienced it myself though). Older guinea pigs seem to pair well with younger ones from what I've read on here. Good luck finding a friend for your fur baby!! :)
Thank you for advise. I didn't think about having two go through puberty. Yikes! I thought about looking for a baby too. Thought that might help with Reggie already feeling at home and maybe wanting to be the boss. He does seem to be pretty docile though. Maybe that would help with a new introduction...

I have paired many boas together. I have found a young with an older worked very well. I also had 2 brothers since 4 weeks and they were a pair for life. I kept all my boars in pairs of 2. I never had trouble with puberty. Others have.
Good luck with finding a friend. Keep us posted on how you do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.