Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My imagination or small earthquake just now?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure I just felt a small earthquake here in San Mateo, CA.

That's AFTER I had a dream this morning about an acid lake and WHILE having the movie Volcano on in the background.

So it could be my vivid imagination!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Not my imagination. 4.3. I CAN'T BELIEVE I had this dream about an acid lake, woke up, had breakfast, turned on the TV for background, picked the movie VOLCANO (acid lake, big earthquakes) and while watching it (kind of) during the eruption climax part of the movie and working on the computer, sit through an earthquake. Good grief!!!

:eek: :eye-poppi :eek:hmy:

_Lisa_

Cavy Slave
Earthquakes scare me! I'm glad you're OK & that it wasn't a big one.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Glad you are ok. But this doesn't seem to bode well because usually if there is one tremor there will be more?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
There were already two tremors earlier in the morning, one at 1am and one at 6am. 2.2 or something like that. I think I subconsciously felt them or picked up on magnetic change and my dream somehow morphed to the Volano movie -- which I've seen a number of times. Then, this morning, when I was surfing the movies to watch, it was the only decent choice. Go figure.

I'm 'tuned in' to nature!! ❤️

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Well hopefully that's all the earthquakes for now. I really wouldn't want that to cause one where I am because I have 12 more days off of work and I don't want something to happen to cause me to go into work. So far there hasn't been any movement here. The news has been threatening of earthquakes lately. They have no clue though, they can't even get the weather right half of the time.

Dobelady

Cavy Slave
At least with our hurricanes we have some warning and can run for the hills. Or in our case, wait in contra flow for hours. My family is originally from CA, I was born there but moved here to LA as a child. One of my most vivid childhood memories is running outside right after an earthquake.

Best of luck to you, and hope you're just stirred and not shaken!

_Lisa_

Cavy Slave
I've never been in an earthquake, but I've heard that pets can be sensitive to them & can almost sense when they're coming. It would make sense that as pet owners we'd start to tune into nature then too. :D

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
My pets act funny but they don't brace for it. They just run when it starts. It's like a flood of cats through the hallway with a dog trailing behind.

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean by picking things up in dreams! I had a dream when I was about 12 and I was staying over at my father's. I dreamed that I was losing my father (my parents did break up when I was very small) and I was never going to see him again. When I woke up, I was crying and shaking and had a bloody lip (I had bit my lip in my sleep) and then my father came into my room and told me that my mother just called to say my grandfather just passed away. It was really creepy, and it even creeped out my stepmother.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've had a few like that, too. Hmmm. Might be fun to swap physic dream stories!

The one that stands out the most to me (aside from my dying guinea pig dream), was when I was about 15. My parents were divorced and remarried living in different towns. I had a dream that my older stepbrother got into a fist fight at my Dad's house. I was living with Mom. He got hurt in it. Someone punched him in the face. Found out later that morning that he had been in a serious car accident that morning leaving my Dad's house, took a curve too fast and was thrown through the windshield with broken legs.

And then there is the one that just creeped me out that I have no idea what it meant. But I had this really weird dream when I was about 17. Completely out of character, my younger sister came into my bedroom first thing in the morning and proceeds to tell me about this weird dream that she had.... If she hadn't told me hers first, I never would have believed her. But we had the exact same dream at the same time!!! It was about the four of us girls being chased down a dirt road to some cabin by two cobras!!! How freakin' weird is that???

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I'm glad you're all right.

I've never understood how property can be so valuable (meaning expensive) there in SF when it's right over a fault line. <sigh> My husband and I always said that after "the big one" hits, the property value will drop, and then we can move there.

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
That's pretty weird! Funny how those things happen..hope your stepbrother was alright. My mom always has weird dreams about us and they turn out to be somewhat true. She dreamed one night that my brother fell out of a tree, and low and behold, the kid fell and broke his arm! Anyone else care to share your dreams lol?

Oh yes, I also just remembered that I saw the movie volcano! Not that bad of a movie, lets just hope your dream only brings a few small earthquakes!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Hmm none I can remember but I love hearing about yours!

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
Oh I got a funny one! It's about sleepwalking! When I was little, I hated to sleep on my own, so I was in bed with my parents. I guess I had gotten up and walked straight into my mothers closet and made a huge mess trying to fiugre out where I was and trying to get out. I was telling her, "mom, I can't find the bathroom!" lol! My boyfriend also likes to talk in his sleep. You can even have convesations with him sometimes. He woke up one night and said " Guess what hunny, I just shingled a whole row of shingles in 1 hour!" (he's a carpenter), and so I said "If it took you an hour to do one row, you need to be fired!" and then he said "please don't tell my boss!". Haha, he really is a good carpenter, he just got his red seal(meaning he's licensed in Canada now) and top marks out of the whole class just this past friday!

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
At least it WAS a small one- the more of those small quakes, the better! Still scary of course, and creepy the context! The fault lines surrounding me are crazy too, (Vancouver Island) all the faults being pushed, pulled, twisted, etc different ways at the same time is really reassuring! But no crazy dreams that actually come true!

Last edited:

Oliversnana

Cavy Gazer
SCARY!! Glad your alright and hopefully none to follow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.