Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C My husband thankfully had pity on me and built me a C&C!

britgal98579

Cavy Slave
So thankful he did because I was getting so frustrated with it all, and he asked me what I wanted and spent the afternoon doing it all! We or should I say he is not finished. We want to make a little loft. You can see the start of it at the top, but need more supplies. If you notices anything that needs adjusted, please let me know! I have decided to try fleece again. Will see how it goes. Also they keep getting under the fleece and running?! Any suggestions?
[GuineaPigCages.com] My husband thankfully had pity on me and built me a C&C!

I use binder clips to keep the fleece in place and it also makes it pretty much impossible for the pigs to get under it. I think it depends on how determined you piggies are! ;)

Looks great :) I find that by using fleece caves, forests, and/or sacks it keeps them out from under the fleece because they can burrow in the other fleece hideys.

Looking good

I keep hearing about people having this problem with pigs burrowing under the fleece. When I built my cage, I dropped the coroplast in, then sewed the fleece liner corners about 12 1/2 inches high. The liner goes in the bottom, up the side, over the top, and back down the outside of the coroplast, between the bars and the coroplast. I added binder clips just to help with the wrinkles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.