Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy My hubby is hooked!

Momma2000

Cavy Slave
As I have been preparing for our boys to come home, I have been apprehensive about how my husband would feel about these little creatures taking over our lives. Amazingly, things seem to work out relatively easily.

I was putting the C&C cage together, when he got hooked! He is now obsessed with building a bigger and better cage. It is quite funny because last week he was saying that a 2x5 was too big. Our boys aren't even with us yet, I can't even imagine what will happen once they wrap him around their paws.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
LOL, I know what you mean. My husband never liked rodents much, so he wasn't thrilled about getting piggies. Now they know exactly how to extort treats from him, and he even willingly participates in lap time and piggy snuggling. Just wait till your piggies are home. I suspect they'll enslave your husband within the first few days with their cute faces and plaintive wheeks.

PiBee

Cavy Slave
A few years ago when I got my first guinea pig, my boyfriend didn't really take much notice other than saying "Awww, it's so cute". Now, he will come over when I am at work to syringe feed my sick piggie and cuddle her when I can't :) They definitely have him wrapped around their finger!

LoriBush

Cavy Slave
We got my daughter a piggie when her hamster died. The next day we had to get my husband his own. LOL. Then I ended up getting my own a week or so later. Sammie is his. She will get up on his shoulder or his chest and watch TV. She is jealous when he's holding another piggie with her. He had Patches and she started nosing her out of the way!

jacquerooks

Cavy Slave
My husband got me a piggie recently when we moved to be closer to his work and downsized to an apartment. We were told that I would have to get rid of our dog (the most handsome black Shar Pei) and since I was so devistated he got me Stevie. At first neither one of them liked the other, until I convinced him to feed Stevie a carrot. Now I think that my piggie likes him more than me and my hubby is obsessed with building him a piggie mansion!

Momma2000

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.