Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General My guinea pig poops a lot.

Cedesm16

Cavy Slave
Is this normal? Do they all poop a lot?
Im thinking about getting one or two more tonight and i just want to know how much work it will be because i see how much my one guinea pig does it...

Yes. That is very, very, very normal. Guinea pigs are always eating so they are always pooping. Unless the poop doesn't look normal don't worry.
Of course, if you get more pigs then there will be more poop.
Also, please adopt/resuce instead of buying guinea pigs from a petstore/breeder.

This is normal, most likely they all poop a lot. They all eat a lot right? They all eat all the time through out the day, so there going to have to go sometime!

I agree, please adopt your guinea pigs! Guinea pigs from pet stores are often sick, injured, and unsocialized. By adopting you save money, time, and lives! Use Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder to look for guinea pigs up for adoption in your area.

It is very normal for poop to be everywhere. The bigger your cage and the more often you check on it, the easier it is to clean out the poos. You should clean out their cage at least once, but preferably twice, daily. They also need a full cage clean out at least weekly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.