Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog My guinea pig journey... its been a long road ...... End

Blog entry from old forum

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
On October 23, 2014 Reese passed away- unknown causes or vet said internal Cancer-
I have no idea what happened to Reese in all honesty... he was fine and he was bonded with Bear and Rudy at the time. He acted totally normal up until the day he died. He was asleep when i fed them before my day at college and he was happy and hyper the days up till then....Then in my class i got this feeling, and i told my professor that i think that my guinea pig was going to pass way while i was gone.. he showed no signs though he wasn't alert when i fed them, and when i returned home i ran up stairs and found him next to his food bowl... A few months before i found a lump on hid side and the vet said everything was fine it was a cyst but it didn't need to be drained or anything and surgery was unnecessary unless it grew, it didn't. So my vet believes that he has internal cancer and the cyst was something that had to do with the cancer even though it itself was not cancerous. Reese was almost 5 and the vet said that many that get older the more the cancer would spread and possible kill them, due to genetics.... I was so sad i felt like i still did everything and he still passed... i was upset and I again felt bad for Rudy as he loved Reese so much they cuddled just like him and Rhino use to.. Though it was a bit easier to deal with because of Bear.. But overtime i had to separate them Bear kept picking on Rudy. Then after he lived alone for awhile oi bonded him with Dexter, but then Dexter wouldn't allow him to eat so i had to separate them. Then i just loved all my pigs and i eventually added a bunny to my family.... then....

On March 14, 2015 Dexter passed away- Natural causes-

Dexter was 6 years old now, and no matter how much i fed him he kept loosing weight, and he stopped eating pellets, so i increased hay and veggies, but still no weight gain, he was slower and didn't popcorn as much and the vet said that he may have arthritis. Over the few days before, Dexter stopped eating and drinking i fed him critical care and water by hand, but to no avail. On the night of the 13th i put Dexter in the old cage bottom and took him to my room, he was no longer accepting food and water and it was past 10pm, no vets were open or allow emergencies. I sat with him as he walked about making horrid sounds, then at 9am he passed away while me and my boyfriend pet him. (crying) He was my old man and i love him and i miss him, but ti was his time....Our local crematory was closed on Sundays, so we drove him to one about an hour away, i felt upset about this,as i wanted him to go to where his brothers were cremated, i felt as if he wouldn't be with them in a way.. i still think that though i know they are all together now.........Then....

On April 19, 2015 i got Miloh- I named him Rudy's old name as a remembrance for when he passes- Abby- Black on top Orange on stomach
I got Miloh because his coloring was like Kovu but he was an abby, and i thought that it was an amazing thing to find him. I know that Dexter would approve as he loved Kovu and i would have put them together had Dexter lived longer. He is now living with Rudy and he wheeks like a siren, he is adorable and he loves to popcorn. He loves Rudy and Rudy loves him. I got him off craigslist...then...

On My 20, 2015 i got Merlin, Miloh's Birth brother- black with half white face- Named after TV show The adventures of Merlin.
The owner of Miloh contacted me and asked me to help her find homes for Milohs brother and half brother, i had to no luck and she found a home for the half brother, so i messaged her and told her i would take Merlin as he was Milohs brother. He is skittish still and he completely bonded with Miloh and Rudy. He is afraid of people which is normal and he loves to wheek like his brother and cuddle with Rudy as well. All is good at the moment for the pigs and i am happy. I have learned so much over my 5 years and i love guinea pigs. I know the things that i regret and the things that i cherish, and i hope this can help someone if in any way possible, if not i wanted to share this as i have no friends and i want to have my guinea pig life story saved. Thank you if you read this long blog.

Pictures of my past and present pigs are in my albums on my profile- of you your curious....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.