Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General My girl Nearly Gave me a Heart Attack!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Last night I was walking by my cage to go get my girls some foods. I looked in and Charlie-Muffin (my oldest) was scratching under her chin. The next thing I know she FLIPS over on her back! (She looked like a cartoon of a hamster dying). I ran over to her, thinking the worst! I poked her and she didn't really respond and I flipped her over and she ran off. I seriously thought I was going to have to dig a grave, she scared the poop out of me! But evidently she is a little too chunky for her own good, or that's just the way she likes to sleep!

Has anyone else's guinea pigs given them a scare like that?

My pig Griffin once jumped out of my arms into his cage, about 6 inches above the bottom of the cage. I was horrified; it seemed that his back legs weren't moving. I was afraid that he was paralyzed! However, he was just fine. Luckily he hasn't done anything like that since.

Once when I was bathing my pigs in the bathtub, Twix got so mad about it he started running and then just LEAPED into the air, getting his front paws on the edge of the tub, which is about a foot and a half-three fourths of a foot high. He freaked me out! I thought he was about to jump over the edge of the tub. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.