Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables my fussy boys

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
so, after 6 months with my boys, and having tried all the suggestions i've read here about veggies, i just have to accept my boys lack of taste for most veggies :sorry: . i followed the sample menu that was shared by lypigs (i think) to start, and then slowly but surely crossed off veggies that went uneaten. here's my question: i am supplementing with oxbow vitamin C to make sure they get the C they need, but how important is variety? i know they're supposed to get 1 cup per day (right?), but is it ok if it's only made up of a couple of veggies/fruits that i rotate throughout the week?
and, just to add: i am so very very grateful for all the information and suggestions shared by everyone here on this site. just a few months ago, what i knew about guinea pigs could fit in their originally small store bought cage :eek:. now, thanks to all your help, i even impressed my vet with what i knew about guinea pig "husbandry". the best part is that i have 3 boys who are happy, safe, and healthy. who could ask for more? :tearsofjo

nice to know we're not alone. i actually use the oxbow tablets. when i get home from work, i shake the bottle, and they wheek like crazy! they love the tablets and think it's a treat!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.