Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My dog's piggies...

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
No, not really but he thinks they are his. We have had pigs since he was about 2 (he is 6 now) and he has always kept a watchful eye on them. We never let him get too close but every night when I clean the cage or let them have floor time he is right there keeping a close eye or sleeping. He also chases the cats away if they get too close. [GuineaPigCages.com] My dog's piggies...

Very cute! My dogs lick their...err...lips...? whenever they see Ginger lol. They never get to be anywhere near her.

Shepards are like that. They get protective over something they deem is thiers. When I was in high school my cat had kittens. Our German Shepard stayed right by the kittens and took better care of them than mama cat did. If they came out of the nesting box the shepard was right there to put them back. Another shepard took to a beagle puppy we had. When we had to move and give him away he went to a family that had a ranch. He took to a baby piglet and wouldnt let any one harm or come near that piglet.

Still be careful with him and leaving your pigs alone with him. He may not mean to but he being so much bigger and still a dog could harm or kill your pigs. He is beautiful by the way. I love german shepards. They are awesome dogs.

Maybe he thinks they're puppies? It's adorable.

CUTE!!! My dogs think their hunters, but when they corner a rabbit in the yarn they'll just stare at it and lick it.

Maybe he thinks they're puppies? It's adorable.

The longest living puppies ever haha! I think they are just part of his pack so he has to watch over them

CUTE!!! My dogs think their hunters, but when they corner a rabbit in the yarn they'll just stare at it and lick it.

My dogs are the same way with wild animals. I am pretty sure ace had a squirrel friend last year, he would chase it around the yard but if the squirrel
slowed down so would ace. And then the squirrel would sit on the fence and chatter at him and ace would "talk" back.

Hehe cute! My Shepherd is the same way. He gives Gracie tons of kisses and she climbs on him and likes to sleep on him because he's warm. Obviously I'd never leave them alone, I'm always right beside them when he's in contact with her. But he loves her. Once he was laying on my bed with her and she was sleeping on his back, and she climbed off of him and went running to the edge of the bed and he scurried over and put his leg in front of her so she wouldn't fall lol

Hehe cute! My Shepherd is the same way. He gives Gracie tons of kisses and she climbs on him and likes to sleep on him because he's warm. Obviously I'd never leave them alone, I'm always right beside them when he's in contact with her. But he loves her. Once he was laying on my bed with her and she was sleeping on his back, and she climbed off of him and went running to the edge of the bed and he scurried over and put his leg in front of her so she wouldn't fall lol

That is adorable!!!

Cute! My cats enjoy the pigs. Mostly watching them. They try to get in with them sometimes but i keep them apart. I know cats very well. Playtime could go from cute to deadly in seconds

So sweet!! German Shepherds are such great dogs...my aunt's Shepherd was fiercely protective of me as a young child. Our dog (Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix) LOVES our pigs. He's not so much protective of them, but sees them as 'friends'. They play through the cage bars all the time, and touch noses! :) We never, ever leave them alone!

How cute! My dog Jessie ignores the guinea pigs. He's only seen them a few times, but every time he just sniffs them, then ignores them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.