Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C My C and C Cage Story: Watch out for the Herd!

Eric580

Cavy Gazer
Hello, I'm so glad I built a C and C cage for my piggies! Our first sow, Georgette, lived in a pet store cage (although she ran around in dollhouses whenever we took her out because we kept her in the playroom lol). When we adopted a cream and white abyssinian Roxie, we knew they couldn't live in that tiny cage. We were getting ready to move and I knew I would have the space to build them a nice C and C cage with fleece bedding. After I built it, we rescued black and orange abyssinian, Trixie. Trixie was abandoned on a roadside in winter when the shelter took her. She was only a baby! They cleaned her up and put her up for adoption, and now she lives happily with us. The cage has a stone kitchen,two bathrooms filled with carefresh (one even has a little mirror!), two ramps (everything is secure and ziptied), a loft with hay, and another loft for sleeping. Georgette recently passed and we are going to adopt two new piggy girls from a rescue nearby. I can't wait! I will add more hay racks and water bottles for the girls. I love that the piggies can run around whenever they want and they've been much happier lol. IMG_1201.jpgimage-2.jpgimage.jpgIMG_1260.jpgIMG_1259.jpg

Omgitspink

Cavy Slave
Very nice cage! Be careful with that hay ball though, there have been reports of those being dangerous to piggies :sad:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto the hay ball. They can get a paw caught in one of the slots and then spin the ball, breaking the leg.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Ditto the hay ball. They can get a paw caught in one of the slots and then spin the ball, breaking the leg.

To add to that, they seem like a huge inconvenience. How do you even get the hay in there? I think having to constantly open some kind of latch to refill would be annoying. Then again, I'm kind of lazy. They also don't look to hold much hay, and when you have three pigs like I do, hay goes super fast. And the gaps between the bars look too small for a piggy to get its nose through. I've just never seen the appeal of hay balls.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.