Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Stores My Bum is going to burn in He##

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
Last time hubby went out of town he came home to two GP's. Not happy at first but is now. Hubby out of town again and I've been watching this young girl. Gray and white. Mentioned her a few times in posts.

She is already a sweetheat and scared to death and eating out of my lap.

OK, So, I waited and waited and waited at the petstore for assistance. Kept holding up my hands at the cashier and he would call over the intercom for someone to assist in the guinea pig area. After an hour of watching all of the GP's and never seeing the white one an employee showed up. She went into the cage and lifted all the plastic pigaloos and cardboard tunnels. Finally saw my girl. She squeeked and squilled while I checked her feet, teeth, private parts.

Long story short. The petstore didn't change me for her. The employee put her in a big box because I insissted on getting her home with a good supply of Timothy Hay. I also purchased a big bag of hay. The cashier asked me what I had and I said GP's and he only charged me for the hay.

How come the petstore wouldn't charge for her?

Well I think he was new and since she wasn't in a usual "pet box" he thought it was just a empty box. I feel bad and that is not what I usually do. I will correct a cashier over pennies. I suppose the hour I stood there watching 20+ cavies fight over empty bowls and finally seeing my girl in the back of a large pigaloo with a WTF look and help me look. I just kept my mouth shut. I know. It's bad anyway you look at it.

Can't say I feel sorry for the pet store not getting their blood money, although they make the most $$ off the supplies anyway. Poor little girl. Just be sure to watch her for URI symptoms and other signs of illness (my Mufasa experience made me paranoid about pet store piggies).

My other two came from the same pet store and so far are doing very well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.