Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Boys

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
How does the fleece work for you? I tried it once and within 8 hours, it was a mess of pig feces and urine. Do yours use a litter box? How did you get them to do so, if they do use one?

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Susan9608 said:
How does the fleece work for you? I tried it once and within 8 hours, it was a mess of pig feces and urine. Do yours use a litter box? How did you get them to do so, if they do use one?

The fleece works pretty good for me. At one point I had them wetting only in their litter boxes, but then the mites hit and everything was messed up for awhile. They still do most of their wetting in the litter boxes, but that is because I put their food in the boxes. Someone on this forum suggested it and it really does help. If there is a spot where they still wet, then I will just put extra newspaper underneath the fleece in that spot.

The smell isn't bad. Usually by day 4 I can start to smell urine, but I clean their cages every 4 days anyway. I did notice that when they wet out of their boxes more that it does smell more. When they have been good, it doesn't.

They still poop everywhere, but I just sweep that up each day.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Aww bless!! They're all gorgeous!! I think I have the same fleece as you (the blue one with the pictures on)!

Plummie

Cavy Slave
They are all very handsome!

smoot

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are very handsome. I especially like Frank and Scooby (no offense Shaggy and Buster!). Is Scooby a gold agouti with an orange-ish stripe? If so, he looks just like my Peanut! And the Spiderman fleece is awesome. My girls have plain pink.

Pigtures rock!:D

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the compliments! We love our Boys so much. Each family member "owns" one, but in all honesty they have become mine. I baby them constantly. I even gave up a large part of my garden to grow veggies just for them. In fact, I just planted a second crop of veggies for them yesterday. It was hard to find seeds this time of summer, so I ended up paying $20 for just 7 small packages! Worth it though.

I'm not sure if Scooby is an agouti or not. I don't have a good enough understanding of what exactly an agouti is. All I know is that I have two Abyssinians and two Americans.

When we first picked out the fleece, there was some disagreement on what to use. My son wanted super hero patterns and I wanted a girly pattern. I lost that one as you can see from Frank's picture (we also have Batman). Then when I went back to get more, I didn't bring my son so that I could pick out what I wanted. I decided to stick with the blue theme so I got Bob the Builder and Nemo.

Speaking of the Boys...they are wheeking at me right now. They want breakfast!

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
I just started using fleece 1-2 weeks ago. I love it. Mine poo all over the fleece, but pee on the Aspen. I have 2X4 fleece area, 2X3 Aspen area. They go over to the shavings for pee breakes. :)
Susan9608 said:

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
Nice pictures. Your pigs are very cute. They look like they are very much loved! :0)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.