Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression My baby guinea pig is bullying my chocolate lab.

Candi Brown

Cavy Slave
One of my chocolate labs(Bark Kent) I swear is terrified of my baby guinea pigs. Lol. It is definetly a good thing but it is kinda funny too. While I was feeding my piggies Rainbow came up to the edge of the cage and my pooch Bark Kent who usually stays far far away came up beside me to see what was going on. Well good ol rainbow decided to popcorn and Barky boy ran out the door with his tale between my legs. I just love how a half pound piggy scares the crap out of my all muscle 70 lb labrador. This lab isnt usually scared of anything. He does dock jumping and lure chasing?? ( I was worried about the opposite effect that he would want to attack but he don't want anything to do with them) He leaves the room if you are hanging on to one. Well I just thought this was a funny story and shows how mighty the Piggies are

That is funny and cute. My black lab was with my piggies since she was around 6 weeks old, so she loves them and sees them as part of the pack. Of course, she's never left alone with them because anything can happen. Here's a pic of her 'nose kissing' Hurley, the baby (well, a pic of her nose atleast. lol).

My baby guinea pig is bullying my chocolate lab.

Be very careful. My kids' sitter had a friendly black lab that picked up their guinea pig and dropped it, killing it instantly. They were right there when it happened and felt that it wasn't being aggressive, but playful. It happened so fast, they didn't have time to react. Dogs and guinea pigs are not good mixes. The prey instinct can kick in very quickly with any dog.

Yeah, I know...I'm always right there with her. She's grown up with the piggies, but I do understand that she is a dog, so am always very careful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.