Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy My Apple is pregnant

She doesn't look very pregnant to me. The vet is sure what he saw was a baby?

If there is one baby and it gets too large there is a chance, yes, that the baby will be too large. You'll need to be prepared to get her to a vet immediately if that's the case.

It's just the way she's sitting. She's definitely pregnant.

I'm hoping and praying she has the baby tomorrow, since I'm working from home.

Here's a picture from the same night of her looking more pregnant.
My Apple is pregnant

has anything happened today??

do tell, maybe another photo?

@LilliAndFelix I am sure that if anything has changed then 6GPS7 will update the thread when they are ready, not everyone has time to post everyday (even though 6GPS7 has already posted an update today) and most people do not feel it necessary to update a thread until there is actually something to update about. In my opinion it would be best to leave mum to be in peace, as she is likely feeling quite uncomfortable at this stage, rather then taking photo's of her every day.

sorry.. I can't seem to do anything right , right now, you should probs just ignore me..

@LilliAndFelix Sorry I did not mean for it to come across negatively, I am sure you are just anxious to hear about the birth. It is just in this particular scenario all anyone can do is sit back and wait for apple and her baby to be ready.

yeah. I know, and we all are, but we have to wait!lol!

WE HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!! OMG it is soooooooo cute! I went into her room to check on her the second I woke up this morning (as usual) and there she was with a little one! He (I think) was already dry and cleaned up, she did it all by herself while we all slept! I am so, so, so incredibly relieved! She seems fine, baby seems a little sleepy, so keeping an eye on him, but he seems healthy. Will post pictures as soon as I can!

Omg!! Thats amazing!!!

OMG I can't believe I have to leave to work soon! He hasn't nursed or eaten anything that I've seen and she seems a little unsure (?) what to do? I guess I shouldn't worry - she managed the whole birth on her own! - but.. It's ok to just leave them to do their thing right?

Here's some pictures:

My Apple is pregnantMy Apple is pregnantMy Apple is pregnant

Aw he's adorable! He reminds of my Pecan. It's fine to leave them alone for now. When my piglets were first born, they were pretty inactive for the first few hours, but about 12 hours later they were up and exploring the cage.

Congrats!!! He is super cute and looks like mom! Cage is baby proofed or grids small enough he can't get out? Amazing how they are all there and ready to go!
My black and white peruivan mommy and tri crested had a grey abby pink eyed baby!!! I was SHOCKED!
Awwwww

Congratulations on a healthy baby. You got kinda lucky with just one. Are you going to name "him" Orange?

Thank you, all! I am still in awe that I can go to bed with a single guinea pig, then wake up to an additional guinea pig, just chillin' in her cage all clean and dry, like a little mini adult. Mommy is doing a great job so far, she seems a little less confused than this morning, and he is exploring and walking around with her. He nursed a bit earlier and started to try some hay.

He has mom's texture, but she is more red, and he is more brown. He doesn't look like dad at all!

I like you name suggestion @Bodhi! I like @LilliAndFelix's too of Mac. We're not sure yet what we're going to call him.

Thank you for all your support everyone, it's been a wild ride of adopting my "free" guinea pigs, who turned out to have URIs and oh yes, were also expecting, and I am so blessed and relieved that it all turned out well for them. I am a lucky pet-mom.

He's so cute, congratulations to you and Apple!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.