Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy My Apple is pregnant

Oops wait, ugh, I am mixing up my meds bottles. He got Enfroloxacin.

Enrofloxacin is Baytril. And the pregnancy may well have been the reason he gave Bactrim.

Ok, thx. I'll call tomorrow and ask about reglan.

She seems to be feeling much better today. I'm not sure if she's just getting over the URI or what, but she was much, much more active today. She actually came out of her hidey a couple times to say hi to her buddy, and she even popcorned a few times! I haven't seen her do that in AGES! Best of all she FINALLY ate some hay. I had to refill it twice! I withheld veggies for a couple days, so maybe that helped. She gained 30g since yesterday, so that is really great. I rewarded her for her efforts with some veggies and a tiny bit of melon tonight. If she keeps eating her hay, she'll get some more veggies. Yay!

oh.. right, there may not be anything you ca do without potentially haring those cute little babies inside her...

I'm glad she's feeling better, hopefully everything goes well and you'll have a healthy mom with healthy babies soon!

Sorry about that con fusing post! I didn't see the second page! Oops! But I am glad she is OK! Keep us updated on her condition and when the baby arrives,try to video it for us! Those first precious moments are amazing!

I'm like an impatient child on Christmas morning right now. Every day as soon as my husband gets home I text him hopefully... "Baby????" And nope, no babies yet! It's been 2 weeks and 1 day since the vet said 2-3 weeks, so it should be anytime! She is eating like crazy, is cranky as all get out, and I can hear teeth gnashing, so hopefully it'll be soon! I just want it to be over so I can stop worrying about her and the baby! This is me going craaaazy! :crazy: lol

Here's my Pregosaurus Princess Piggie!

My Apple is pregnant

Aww.. i am impatient to!!! Help! I need to kniw! Could you try and video it if your homw when it happens or your husband is?? S exvited for you! Also a teeny bit worried..

Good luck to Apple with the birth! I can't wait to see baby pigtures!

Thanks LilliandFelix and Rywen! I will try to film it if I get to see it. In the meantime, does anyone want to reassure me that the lid on my male cage is adequate? Their cages are right next to each other, so they can visit and say hi (they were extremely depressed when they weren't together), but there's a lid on his cage. The lid hinges on the outside edges, and is clipped down the middle with 6 clips. The picture below shows the current setup, but the clips aren't pictured because it was just moments after I put it together, but I assure you it is clipped except for when I'm in the room feeding and cleaning. I mean, he'd have to be a houdini pig to get through that, right?? I am so paranoid about all these stories of determined males that I'm thinking about putting a lid on her cage too. Her getting pregnant again is like my worst nightmare. What do you guys think?

My Apple is pregnant

well, i think that is adqueate, but if you have the spare grids, i would put a cover on hers too, you never know!

p.s.

is he neutered now? and how did apple get pregnant in the first place?

also, i have some piggie names!

Girls
Boys

Cedar
Mac
Willow
Bubble
Felix(in memory of mine..

@LilliAndFelix I like your suggestion to put a lid on her cage too. I'll see if I have the grids for it. He isn't neutered, and the rest of your questions are answered in the first post, and in my other threads, I attached them below for more background, it gets kind of complicated to keep typing it out, LOL. But basically, she came to me as a rescue, already pregnant. There's more background info in the threads below on how and why we ended up with this setup. :)

Thanks for the name suggestions! Bubble and Mac are my favorites from your list!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/100808-Introduction-(6-piggies-one-pregnant)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/100907-Keeping-them-happy-while-separated

@LilliAndFelix I like your suggestion to put a lid on her cage too. I'll see if I have the grids for it. He isn't neutered, and the rest of your questions are answered in the first post, and in my other threads, I attached them below for more background, it gets kind of complicated to keep typing it out, LOL. But basically, she came to me as a rescue, already pregnant. There's more background info in the threads below on how and why we ended up with this setup. :)

Thanks for the name suggestions! Bubble and Mac are my favorites from your list!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/100808-Introduction-(6-piggies-one-pregnant)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/100907-Keeping-them-happy-while-separated

Ohh! Thanks!

p.s.
Mac as in macintosh the apple!

So her pelvic bones are starting to separate. Not much though, I can't even fully get my pinky in between the bones. I'm just kinda worried, because the vet said 2-3 weeks, and Wednesday (two days from now) will be 3 weeks. Since she's young and he only saw 1 baby, I'm worried that she won't be able to get the baby out. :-/ Should I worry? And just because, here's a picture of my angel tonight.

My Apple is pregnant

The vet's estimate was probably slightly off. Normally gestation is 59 to 73 days, but smaller litters have longer gestations then larger litters so they trend more towards the 73 day mark.

how many days pregnant is she?

and are you going to neuter her mate?:love:

Last edited:
@LilliAndFelix - I don't know, she came to me already pregnant. The vet did an xray when he confirmed her pregnancy.

Not sure about your second question either. It depends on what sex the baby is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.