Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives My alternative cage

GuineaPigLady_

Cavy Slave
Hello, I decided it's time to give Olive a bigger cage to live. So here's a picture. Its ugly, I know, but is big and shes very happy.
[GuineaPigCages.com] My alternative cage[GuineaPigCages.com] My alternative cage[GuineaPigCages.com] My alternative cage

The good thing is that I made it with materials I had at home, or almost everything. I use cardboard boxes, I give the shape I want and tape them togheter. I covered them with plastic bags, and then I added the plastic bars with these:

I don't know the name in english, sorry!
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The substrate are newspaper, towels and a blanket, tomorrow Im going to buy fleece, because the fleece I used with my old piggies is a little old and have hairs![/FONT]
I think is a good alternative, I want the grids that you have but I can´t find that in my country. Believe me, I tried.
Hope you liked it.

I forgot to say that the size is 70 x 90 cm. I think is fine, I want it bigger but I don't have more space!
The hidey house you see there is the first one she had. I know she can't eat that, but I put that anyway because she feel safe in there.

The front of the grate can be lifted to change the substrate. But she can't move it.

Now is nicer! But in this picture theres no fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.