Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Music + Guinea Pig = ?

NewGPOwner

Cavy Slave
Hello there. Haven't posted a topic in awhile. My Guinea Pig is currently in a good sized cage right by my computer so she is constantly listening to me, it funny when I type she hears it and purrs. Sometimes I play music and she lets out mild squeks and then she purrs, it's really kinda weird. Is this normal?

Some pigs like music. Mu does that if he hear a vaccum. Some pigs like one kind of music but don't like another.

i think they realy like little people! Alot like kids actually... they react to you and to the surroundings! I'm just getting my piggies used to the idea of having a noisy environment to live and be in. We have had them for about a month now, so it took some time! :)

Mine get so mellow when I place music on my stereo or have the radio on.

My pigs rumble whenever I put music on, and look at me with big, sorrowful eyes. I guess they don't like my taste in music then...

I am a singer, and I often sing around them and they purr, I make up stupid songs about them too, and I sing them too. I have a few instruments as well. And I will play say a high F on my recorder and one of them purrs, then I play a different note and they squeak, they have very unique and individual tastes, a couple of them run into their hidey hole when I play my guitar, others love it...oh and 2 of them love my ring on my mobile phone. :)

When I turn on the TV, the jump out of the hidey house and just sit there and stare at it. If they're out for floor time, one (or both) will jump up on their couch, lay down, and watch it for quite some time! It's so cute. I got this ukelele from Hawaii, and if I try to play it, they cock their heads and look at me like "You call that music, woman?!" If I turn on the radio or sing (badly) to them, they either wheek or look scared. =D I suppose each pig is different in their "entertainment choices"!

What kind of music do your pigs like?

Mine like rock.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.