Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Mr. Whistles free roaming

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've been bored like crazy today. So I decided to give Mr. Whistles floor time. He broke out in quite a few running laps. I made a small video of it towards the end.
I noticed he has quite a bit of a bum (or maybe a belly) while he was running. Are they supposed to be that pudgy?

Also if anyone could tell me what the noises he is making when I am petting him mean? TYVM
[video=youtube_share;ClegX9z43Cw]

Gosh he is so friendly!! Adorable. He is a happy piggy, he is just chatting with you about how much he loves being loved on.

Gosh he is so friendly!! Adorable. He is a happy piggy, he is just chatting with you about how much he loves being loved on.

TYVM
he does love our company. He is always running to the edge of the cage when we go to the kitchen :)

He looks like he was really enjoying his bit of freedom. Very, very cute.... My speakers don't work all the time so I couldn't hear the vocalizations. I don't think I'd have him loose with your dog out at the same time, though. Even a dog that seems to have a low prey drive might react if he sees a small animal running or he could get protective of his bone.

He looks like he was really enjoying his bit of freedom. Very, very cute.... My speakers don't work all the time so I couldn't hear the vocalizations. I don't think I'd have him loose with your dog out at the same time, though. Even a dog that seems to have a low prey drive might react if he sees a small animal running or he could get protective of his bone.

TYVM
She does love to chase random objects. We had her tied up while he was out n about. She has also never gotten aggressive with her chewies. Tho I do understand she is an animal with animal instincts and may possibly act out when I least expect it.
This is one of the few times he gets to be on the floor without being caged or fenced in. As you see he took full advantage of that. "OH! A hidy like corner!" mommy says "no no...piggies are not allowed in there." Whistles responds "but but. its hidy like!"

Last edited:
Soo cute! Looks like fun!

He's a sweetie! Looks like he's having fun. Those sounds are the same kind that Borat and Amy make when they're exploring or curious about something. They do it when I first put them in their playpen, and Amy will do that when I pet her and she seems to be getting into it. I think he's enjoying your petting.

Thanks for sharing the video with us. He is so cute. One of my girls makes those same sounds when she is out of her cage. They have a 3 x 4 C & C play area that I sit in with them, which they really seem to enjoy. I would love to bring them out on the carpet in the TV room, but I don't want them peeing on it. Does Mr. Whistles pee on the carpet?.

Thanks for sharing the video with us. He is so cute. One of my girls makes those same sounds when she is out of her cage. They have a 3 x 4 C & C play area that I sit in with them, which they really seem to enjoy. I would love to bring them out on the carpet in the TV room, but I don't want them peeing on it. Does Mr. Whistles pee on the carpet?.

Mr. Whistles gives me lil nibbles to tell me he has to pee.
I am not sure how he learned to do that. But I think I just learned to put him back after he peed on me when he nibbled me several times.
He just poos all over the carpet. Of which gets picked up/put into his hay dish for his later wishes xD

I offered Whistles some more free roaming time. He seemed a bit more vocal than usual this time. And lots more running around xD
Currently uploading the video right now.

Heres the video :)
Please excuse the random "sound" i made xD
[video=youtube_share;Z2a5DWkmm3A]

He is so adorable! I've heard that sound called "bubbling", and I think it's a contented sound. It's how my girls mutter in their cage to each other. You can't judge GP weight by their back end, LOL. Their back end is supposed to be pudgy looking. Mr Whistles looks fine to me, even though he has a tiny bit of belly. Are you measuring his pellets out? Otherwise, maybe more open floor time, since he seems to enjoy it so much.

He is so adorable! I've heard that sound called "bubbling", and I think it's a contented sound. It's how my girls mutter in their cage to each other. You can't judge GP weight by their back end, LOL. Their back end is supposed to be pudgy looking. Mr Whistles looks fine to me, even though he has a tiny bit of belly. Are you measuring his pellets out? Otherwise, maybe more open floor time, since he seems to enjoy it so much.

Yeah I've decided to devote atleast an hour to floor time for him. I'm lovin the runnin hes doin. It makes me giggle xD
hes become quite the gamer pig too. He's found my dailies to be boring/only watchs when i raid or pvp. LOL
[GuineaPigCages.com] Mr. Whistles free roaming
He has also figured out he can scratch his butt on my monitor o_O

He has also figured out he can scratch his butt on my monitor
ROFL!
OMG!
That is just too stinkin funny!
He's still the most handsome pig. Lookit his little "hands"! Squeee!

ROFL!
OMG!
That is just too stinkin funny!
He's still the most handsome pig. Lookit his little "hands"! Squeee!

hehe
I love it when he pancakes out.
I was quite shocked when he scratched his butt on my monitor. I gave him a few so he could scratch that itch, then I was more of "alright, your shakin my screen/I can't read a single word"
He got mad I was disturbing his itch.

These are the cutest videos! He is such a happy little piggy!!!

Great videos! I wish I wasn't nervous about my piggies peeing or getting stuck somewhere...This looks like so much fun :) He seems so relaxed! AND I love his chubby belly!

Some more photos of Mr. Whistles floor time. He didn't just sit/eat. I just took full advantage for some interesting pictures.

the 5th/7th photos are my fav xD

Great videos! I wish I wasn't nervous about my piggies peeing or getting stuck somewhere...This looks like so much fun :) He seems so relaxed! AND I love his chubby belly!

TYVM
I've got an awesome stain cleaner should he decide to tinkle. I'm also following him everywhere so If he decides to get into something he gets directed away from it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.