Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

moving to a different country

mncavylover said:
I think the personalitites are totally independent of breed and/or gender. That's my opinion. I have heard on the internet that "male piggies will fight all the time" and blah blah blah. My pigs sometimes bicker, but so do all piggies. They are inseperable, though. When I take one out for "cozy time", the other will chut around looking for him, and will wait patiently until the one I have out comes back. They sometimes snuggle in one small cozy, which is really quite entertaining. =) I think females can do the same, and so can all breeds.

Yes, they probably all can be the most cuddly etc I guess it just depends on how much time you spend with them.
Cinn&sprinslave

I am seriously considering going to a local rescue or animal shelter and offer a foster home for the time I am here...

I think that would be the best solution for now.

I just don't know if I get so attached to them that I can't leave them behind when I leave for Germany :(

sannie said:
I am seriously considering going to a local rescue or animal shelter and offer a foster home for the time I am here...

I think that would be the best solution for now.

I just don't know if I get so attached to them that I can't leave them behind when I leave for Germany :(

I think that is a wonderful idea!! I fostered a kitten from a shelter last year, the only down side is as soon as I took her back I ended up going and adopting her. Good Luck!!
Cinn&sprinslave

cinn&sprinslave said:
I think that is a wonderful idea!! I fostered a kitten from a shelter last year, the only down side is as soon as I took her back I ended up going and adopting her. Good Luck!!
Cinn&sprinslave
that's exactly what i expect to happen...

but there might be many piggies in germany that are looking for a home, too.

Yes, I think there probably will be. It's great that you're exploring all the possibilities before getting started. Good luck on your move! =)

mncavylover said:
Yes, I think there probably will be. It's great that you're exploring all the possibilities before getting started. Good luck on your move! =)
I've never owned a pet and I just thought it would be a good idea to find out as much information as possible before I get one.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and support.

I heard from someone that on international flights they actually have an own compartment for pets which makes traveling for them less stressful (although I agree it might be still very stressful for them!).

Has anyone heard about that?

I think it may only be on select flights, as I did not see anything of the sort when I visited England this summer. However, I did not ask for it, either, so I can't be sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.