Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Moving day!

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Well, today is finally moving day. Time to start on a new section of my life.
I'm just about all set, but my piggers aren't. They have to stay for a couple of weeks until I can sneak them into my apartment. I plan on eventually paying the pet fee, but it's a little steap for us right now!
Our babies will be in good hands; my mom will take care of them. I'll come by with veggies for them so my mom doesn't go broke! ;)
I'm going to miss talking to them and petting them so much! I hope they don't forget me.

Okay, well just wanted to share. I'll be back!

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
When I lived in Singapore a few years back, the apartment was supposed to be pet-free... but I just had to sneak in my two gerbils! We also ended up having a tortoise on the balcony (long story.. some idiot 'released' him into a pond at a park.. as if tortoise's could swim?!).
Quite naughty on my part, but we got away with it - and it was only for a few months.
I'm sorry to the landlord but there was no way I was going to get rid of my two babies!
Good luck - and have fun moving!

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Unless someone actually comes in and sees the pigs, do you think anyone will ever catch on that you have them in there?

Good luck with the move. I despise moving and am not looking forward to it, although that won't be for a few more years.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
Is it just me or does it seem kind of ridiculous to have to pay a pet deposit on guinea pigs?

laura220

Cavy Slave
They won't wheek too loudly?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
We rent and our letting agency told us that pets were "dogs and cats". Our flat was given its twice yearly inspection this morning, and the boss lady did the inspecting. She wanted to take the piggies home.

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
Yes, I think "no pets" and "pet deposits" usually only apply to dogs & cats. After all, how can GPs pee on carpet & tear things up like a dog or cat could?

Zeander, I would check into it more. Good luck.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Pigaroo Mama said:
After all, how can GPs pee on carpet & tear things up like a dog or cat could?
Floor time
Free-range
Crawling away during laptime

There are quite a few ways that guinea pigs could pee on the carpet and tear things up.

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
Percy's Mom said:
Floor time
Free-range
Crawling away during laptime. There are quite a few ways that guinea pigs could pee on the carpet and tear things up.

Yes, but most people think GPs just stay in their little bitty cages & you just look at them. They would never think of floor time, etc... ignorant boobs :mischievo

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Well, when I first talked to the leasing lady she said animals in cages are not pets. 3 months later I'm told guinea pigs and everything that isn't a fish is considered a pet.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Well, when I first talked to the leasing lady she said animals in cages are not pets. 3 months later I'm told guinea pigs and everything that isn't a fish is considered a pet.

Seems pretty rotten on her part, I have a feeling that she changed the story just to get the place rented and now has you trapped! My sister is moving end of this week, her landlord was a real slum lord. her windows leaked, she boiled in the summer, froze in the winter, told she could not have a window air conditioner or space heater (both illegal in certain temps not to allow your tenants around here). The floors are all wonky, the cupboards are dreadful.

She heard him telling a possible renter when showing the place (showed up with no notice, as per usual) that the place would be all fixed up, new windows, new cupboards, blah blah blah. After living with this guy as landlord for two years, she does not buy a word of it, it is a snow job, he will lock them into a lease based off verbal promises no one can prove in 6 months when these things do not materialize.

You go for it! Sneak the pigs in, and hope they don't wheek to loudly. It was a crummy thing she did, and I think a good lesson to all renters to get everything in writting. If a guinea pig is not a pet when you are signing the lease, have that in the lease, "guinea pigs and small furry rodents excepted". If you are promised new windows, have that in the lease.

Renting really isn't much fun, now is it? Luckally a C&C can come apart and is relatively easy to sneak into an apartment! It is afterall, "shelving"!

Good luck. Thanks for letting me enjoy a good daily rant, and take care.

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
Cavies-and-Kids said:
Seems pretty rotten on her part, I have a feeling that she changed the story just to get the place rented and now has you trapped! .

You go for it! Sneak the pigs in, and hope they don't wheek to loudly. It was a crummy thing she did Luckally a C&C can come apart and is relatively easy to sneak into an apartment! It is afterall, "shelving"!
I concur 100%.
Besides, it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. :mischievo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.