Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Mites? No Hair Loss, Signs Of Discomfort, But ITCHY!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! My Abby, Big Sis', has been doing this for a while.

At first, I thought she had Mites, and then I began to notice it was her Rosettes and not hair loss. Now, I don't know what it is.

She isn't experiencing any noticeable hair loss, but if she does I know it is a sure sign for mites. BUT, she has been very itchy. She only itches maybe twice to three times a day, but when she does, she take her time of about 10 seconds. She will use her hind legs, and her teeth. I want some other's opinions on this.

Also, I want to clip her hair. How should I go about doing this without making her look ridiculous?

Thanks!

:)

With my abby, you clip her hair any way you can clip it. No way is she going to cooperate by staying in the same position for more than one second, even if someone is feeding her a carrot.

Scratching two or three times a day is not a problem. If it gets worse, you can treat her for mites.

With my abby, you clip her hair any way you can clip it. No way is she going to cooperate by staying in the same position for more than one second, even if someone is feeding her a carrot.

Scratching two or three times a day is not a problem. If it gets worse, you can treat her for mites.

Thanks bpatters! Good to get a moderator's reply first thing. Alright then. Thanks so much, again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.