Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

mini update: They are in a redecorating mood now :)

SushiNut

Cavy Slave
It's hilarious. Our brothers are about 4 months old now and recently they've been moving items around in their 3x3 C&C cage. Usually they move their PVC tube close to the pellet dish so they can eat and be in their tube at the same time. Most of the time they pick up the entire tube with their mouth to move the tube. Once in a while they push the tube with their nose. The other day one of them managed to move an entire hidey house a few inches. It sits on top of a coroplast tray filled with aspen shavings.
The only slightly aggravating thing right now is when we need to pick them up. We used to be able to lure them into the cozy and pick them up that way. However, they've wised up and sniff the edge of the cozy, but never walk in completely. We plan on using pieces of cardboard to corner them. We'll see how that goes.
Oh, whenever they hear a small plastic bag in the kitchen and running water they squeek like there's no tomorrow, thinking we're washing veggies for them. My wife and I love our pigs, we're so glad we got them!

They are such stinkers, arent' they!!!

That is so cute! Mine stick their heads out of their pigloos and spin them around so it's darker. They also move the things out from the edges (they will but them with their noses) so they can go behind things and run laps.

Rodney is always rearranging "furniture"

Oh, they're so cute! Our five girls have knocked over their houses once or twice... Elora (nicknamed the "Bunny"; she loves to leap/jump/hop) has taught Psyche and sister Gabrielle to jump on a pigloo, and from there, hop into a hay rack! (We have 2.) Callisto (Psyke's sis) and Nutmeg haven't figured it out yet; they're too busy using the advantages of being top piggs, nosing and pushing the other piggs out of their choice of 4 pigloos... so they're not out of hiding often, always having a roof over their heads (unless they're hiding between a hay rack and an igloo). Psyche has even gotten into the hay rack when I hadn't yet put their houses back after cleaning! (Sneaky Psyche!!!:)

~Cactus

What a cute story! One of my girls, Tigger also gets in a redecorating mood every so often. She'll push around the pigloo or wooden hutch. Sometimes she'll push the food bowl around browsing for food and she'll often turn it over completely! Then she'll see me and wheek thinking I've come to put fresh food in there. Clever little thing! Once she turned over the food bowl twice in a day, since I refilled it the first time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.