Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Milo finds a new home and a new cagemate

inky rose

Cavy Slave
This is Milo.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Milo finds a new home and a new cagemate

I picked him up today and he will be going to his new home tomorrow. He is a five year old boar who lost his companion piggie a year ago.He was the more placid and submissive of the two. He came from a family who hadadopted him from an animal shelter but are no longer able to care for him.

When I picked him up he was looking a little worse for wear.I have bathed him and treated him for mites and worms. His nails have been clipped-they were scary long. He wasn't a fan of this care but is looking quitecontent in his overnight cage. I think the carrots might have helped with that.Unfortunately He has a nasty looking sore on one foot - I've will post a picturebelow- and I'm not sure what it is or what to do with it. (I've also just noticed that one forepaw has a nail that also needs trimming). If anyone can help that would be great.

Milo is a dear fellow and will happily eat carrots from your hand.

The family he is going to have a lovely young boar called Moe, who lives alone. He is about four months old and very confident.

The hopeis that after quarantine is over they will make each other's lives happier.They will make for a very fluffy pair.

Milo and Moe are both beautiful pigs. I cannot tell by the picture what is on Milos foot.
Thank you for taking such good care of Milo. May they both be very happy in his new home.

Sorry... I couldn't get either of my cameras to focus on his foot. The dark bit looks like a growth, that is soft- feels like skin, a ribbon of dark tissue. It moves if I touch it but I dont want to disturb it too much.

i think it is awesome when people take on older guinea pigs as most people would just turn away as they are little anymore, but what people dont realise is they are just as loveable and cute at an older age as they are young.

hope it all works out for the two piggies. im sure they will be awesome friends :)

Milo has settled into his new home and his new name, Curly

omg how how cute

That picture of milo is adorable!! His little feet sticking out, oh my goodness.!!
So glad he got a good home.

Adorable x10!!!! I love that his feet stick out, is it just me or is he smiling?:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.