Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Mikus bit the flesh out of Charlie...humping led to fighting!!!

nousername

Cavy Slave
I earlier post a thread here, asking about humping because my boys have been humping each other since yesterday. They are from a rescue and according to them, have been housed together a long time.

And people on this forum say it's ok, they are fighting for territory and it's safe.

I check on them very often, and 15 minutes ago. I saw some weird white thing hanging out of his upper leg. I thought it was tissue, then realized what tissue?

I look at it close, it is attached to him!

What do I do now? I'm literally in tear!!! Help me!!

This is insane, I shouldn't listen to those people and have separate them... I'm so worried for him now.

I think it is going to be ok. I believe what you have here is boar glue or guinea pig sperm.

I actually think that's boar glue, not an injury. Sorry, but I don't really know how to explain what it is. I'll leave that to the experts. :)

Yeah, it's not flesh. You might want to rinse that off before it dries.

I agree. It doesn't look like a bit of flesh at all. first of all, there's absolutely no blood, if they really had gotten that vicious, there would be quite a bit of blood. And second of all it looks like it's sticking off the guinea pigs fur, not from inside the guinea pig. Relax, I don't think there's any reason for you to panic.

this is very awkward and interesting...thanks guys...

Yeah, boys are messy and can be a little gross. You can keep them together though. No need to separate since they must like each other.

gosh, i just wanna dig a hole and put my head in it

p.s. the thing is hard to get rid of!

You may have to cut it out of his fur or just leave it and it will go away on its own.

Definitely boar glue. Let the hair grow a little and it will be easier to trim off.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.