Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mickey's New Girlfriend(Pillow)

jm_1234

Cavy Slave
We went and finally got Mickey a spayed female from the SPCA tonight. She is very sweet and as soon as I held her she instantley purred. She is not scared of my kids or myself at all. She seems to have settled and has already popcorned around her quarantine cage which is a 3X3 sitting in the middle of my kitchen at the moment lol. I think we are going to call her "Pillow" because she is so soft and cuddly. She has this crazy long blonde hair! She has been at the SPCA since the middle of March and I have had my eye on her since I first saw her on the website. They just spayed her in the middle of May because they were training someone how to do it and she was their "guinea pig"(hahaha) for it. I really think she was meant to be with us. Here is her picture from the SPCA website:

Thank you to @jacqueline, @pinky, @lissie, @CavyMama, @Precia for all the help you have given me in helping solve the problem with Mickey hopefully! I really hope this works out and Mickey doesn't pester her to much. More pictures of Pillow: I have decided to quarantine her since the Edmonton SPCA just received 29 guinea pigs handed in from one owner last week. They said alot of them were in rough shape. They don't quarantine the piggies and most were put back up for adoption the same day. I also did not bring Mickey there for that reason. She was by herself and not with any other pigs but just in case I am still going to give it a few days to make sure nothing happens. I absolutely love her :love:

She is beautiful!! I wish I could find a long crazy haired piggy here.. Have fun!

She's gorgeous, and I LOVE her name!

Congrats on the adoption! She's so beautiful!

omg she is soooo beautiful

she looks like a surfer girl, rockin her long blonde hair :crazy:

@jm_1234 congratulations on your new family member! she's just beautiful. how sad that she ever wound up in a shelter, and how blessed she is to have you fall in love with her . when i was finishing boot camp with my service dog, his trainer said something i'll never forget: "Kazi (my new service dog) has never had his own person. every dog needs their own person." i think that's true for guinea pigs especially. thanks for being her person!

Thanks everyone :) I gave her a bath this morning and increased her cage to a 4X4. The anticipation of putting her with Mickey was killing me this morning so I decided to put Mickey in with her this morning. I know I said I wanted to quarantine but I just couldn't wait. Her and Mickey are a perfect match. Mickey just sat there purring for about 15 min. He came over to me almost to say "Thanks Mum". He isn't pestering her at all and they are doing everything together(eating, sleeping, drinking, etc. lol). I really can't believe how great they are doing. Anyway thank you all again!

I just love that hair. I have to confess, when I saw the name Pillow, it made me think of Michael Jackson's son Blanket. But that name really does fit her.

LOL your right mufasa, it is totally something Michael Jackson would have named his child :D. Its just the first thing that popped into my head and everyone else in the family loved the name and thought it suited her perfect since she is a HUGE cuddle bug:love:

Thanks everyone :) I gave her a bath this morning and increased her cage to a 4X4. The anticipation of putting her with Mickey was killing me this morning so I decided to put Mickey in with her this morning. I know I said I wanted to quarantine but I just couldn't wait. Her and Mickey are a perfect match. Mickey just sat there purring for about 15 min. He came over to me almost to say "Thanks Mum". He isn't pestering her at all and they are doing everything together(eating, sleeping, drinking, etc. lol). I really can't believe how great they are doing. Anyway thank you all again!

Aww! I'm so happy Mickey finally has a cage mate!! I kinda expected you to name her Minnie, Daisy or Clairabell (sp?) but Pillow is cute, and fitting!!

LOL @schavarry my little girl has already named 2 of our other guinea pigs Minnie and Daisy in our female herd. I didn't think about Clarabelle though, oh well. Mickey and Pillow are still doing wonderful. She is very patient with him and he is head over heals IN LOVE with her. They are so cute. They will both sleep in the wood hidey house together and if she goes and sleeps in the igloo he will lie down outside the door to still be close to her. I really couldn't have asked for them to get along better. I think they are both happy to have each other which just melts my heart :love:

I didn't realize you already had Minnie and Daisy :p

I'm glad Mickey and Pillow are still doing well, it sounds like they're "soul mates"! ❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.