Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Mice

Blog entry from old forum

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
We have mice. Not the kind that live in cages.

I have yarn, pets, and a toddler, so if a few natural deterrents don't dissuade them, I will feel little qualm about hiring a professional. My family comes first.

In other news, I've fixed my shopping list to give my boys a bit more variety than Cilantro and lettuce and the occasional carrot. Now I have 2-3 time/week treats marked on my list, thanks to the BIG LIST on this site. And since I'm out of the "blessed herb" that keeps Duke from leaping onto me and chewing my face off (cilantro) I'll be headed to the store for more THIS MINIUTE! :melodrama

cavy_cuddler

Cavy Slave
Have you tried live traps for catching the mice?

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Strangely we've only heard them twice, and not since I posted. They might prefer to live outside and were driven in by Noah's own weather. I live in the middle of a city so catching them and releasing them for instance, in the yard would mean they are either killed by one of the dogs in the surrounding property or that they move into someone else's house or shed.

Better for them that they seem to have moved out on their own. There ARE woods near by but they are stalked by feral cats.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.