Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior messy cage and bed area..

bunnyxo

Cavy Slave
i have a small issue. my piggie has a pen type thing set up on the floor. i dont want the floor to get poopy so i place some newspapers in a corner. she poops and pees on the newspaper but also seems to like sleeping on them..she has houses and little hide aways. so my main prob is that she poops and pees wherever she sleeps. she wont go anywhere else on the bare floor..i just dont like her lying on piles of poop and pee any suggestions as to what i could do to seperate her bathroom and sleep areas?

You could make a kitchen area with coroplast. I have a 10" x 56" tray with newspaper, disposable bedding and lots of hay. My girls ususally poop and pee in there while they are eating or foraging and go very little in their beds. Your guinea pig may not be comfortable on the bare floor or feels unsafe. Would you be able to cover the floor with fleece with towels under it or maybe make fleece pads to put under her houses. She is letting you know where she is the most comfortable sleeping, so maybe make a few more comfortable places where you would like her to go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.