Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Info Member User Statuses & Titles

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
The general user statuses have been consolidated to the following, so you know what the new titles mean:

Banned
Unregistered
(Guests)
Cavy Gazer (New registrations, was "Newbies")
Cavy Slave (after 3 forum posts & an avatar has been selected)
Cavy Calm (was Cavy Caged) = Moderated: content submission must be approved by Staff
Cavy Quiet (was Cavy Caged with no PM access) = Also moderated, but no access to PMs (Private Messages - PMs - are now called "Conversations")
Moderators (BPatters & Guinea Pig Papa right now)
Administrators (Cavy Spirit (Teresa) and Tech Support from ToDo10)

There are trophies and such here that are awarded by various elements of participation, but I haven't set that up yet.

Last edited:
In addition to the official user group titles, the following titles currently apply. Feel free to suggest title changes and counts to the ladder, as my creativity is a little burned out right now. :)

0 posts = "New Member"
5 posts = "Member"
25 posts = "Active Member"
45 posts = "Well-known Member"

Unless the member has a custom title, probably because they are staff or because they previously paid to upgrade their membership status (to support the forum) -- allowing them to choose their own title.

In addition to the official user group titles, the following titles currently apply. Feel free to suggest title changes and counts to the ladder, as my creativity is a little burned out right now. :)

0 posts = "New Member"
5 posts = "Member"
25 posts = "Active Member"
45 posts = "Well-known Member"

Unless the member has a custom title, probably because they are staff or because they previously paid to upgrade their membership status (to support the forum) -- allowing them to choose their own title.
Speaking of........do you have to port over the donations from the old forum? Just want to make sure you continue to get them.

Thanks, GPP, no the subscription you are sending me is independent of that and will live in Paypal until canceled. Greatly appreciate it. I need probably a couple of months or so for the new forum to settle out, work on getting traffic back to a reasonable level with great info and such, and will then refigure out how to add fun upgrades for those who want to help support the forum which costs a hefty chunk of change to keep going. :)

My pleasure. I feel it's the least I can do. This place and its people have helped me tremendously and in at least one instance saved one of my pigs' lives.

I just looked but I don't see a place to access the subscription. I won't worry about it for now, as I'm sure you're aware of it :)

Yeah, it was on the old site and not here yet. For you, it's just on Paypal in subscriptions, which they bury and is hard to find. :)

I'm upping the bump to Cavy Slave by 1. It's now 3 posts instead of 2.

I've decided to turn on Profile Posts soon and new folks need to make sure they know how to contribute regular forum posts before being able to do the more chatty profile posts. :)

Oh and in order to be promoted from Cavy Gazer to Cavy Slave, you have to have selected an Avatar as well. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.