Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues Meet the Trio

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
After Smudgee's passing, we wanted to give another rescue guinea pig a second chance of happiness. I looked on Petfinder.com and saw a trio instead of a loner. Cavy Care (the guinea pig rescue) stated that she didn't want to separate a family. Families are a lot harder to adopt out, hence why they were in the rescue for 2 months, folks kept passing them up.

I felt sorry for these girls so I knew I had to adopt all three of them. I emailed Cavy Care, filled an application, and made an appointment to adopt the 3 love bugs over the past weekend. Long story short...they are now with me. In honor of Smudgee's memory.

Introducing: Aspen (Grey/White Crested Guinea Pig), Oakley (Brown Ridgeback Guinea Pig), and Patches (Mostly black w/white patches Silkie mix).

The 3 girls (approximately 8 mos) also were formely introduce to the herd (uneventful) and is living with the herd in their expanded cage (yes, expanded the cage again. Now my C&C is 2x19 with a herd of 12).

[video=youtube_share;FM0cylyvZ4k]https://youtu.be/FM0cylyvZ4k[/video]

Wow! Congratulations, CavieGuy! I am positive Smudgee would approve of your memorializing her by taking on three new girls who desperately needed you!

That is a LONG cage!

Again, congratulations on your new additions, and thank you for taking them in. I'm sure Smudgee would be happy, too.

Wow! Congratulations, CavieGuy! I am positive Smudgee would approve of your memorializing her by taking on three new girls who desperately needed you!

That is a LONG cage!

Again, congratulations on your new additions, and thank you for taking them in. I'm sure Smudgee would be happy, too.

Thank you so much. Just my way of helping out the overpopulation of guinea pigs in shelters. By adopting 3, the rescue can take in more.

It is actually a U-Shape cage, I don't have a room long enough. It is 2x9 + 2x6 + 2x4 all put together making a u shape cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.