Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Meet Piper

piggylover001

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure which forum to put this in, so if this is the wrong forum, I apologize. As some of you already know I lost my 6 1/2 year old, Hershey yesterday to cancer. He had to be put down to be taken out of pain. I couldn't bare with the sadness and heart ache, so I went to an adoption center to see what guinea pigs they had and they didn't have any. I searched all over the web, and the closet one that had guinea pigs was 4 hours away. So, I went to two different PetsMart and found Piper. She is very sweet and loveable and she's still trying to figure out what she's doing when she oinks. Like it scares her. lol They told me she was about 3 months old. I know there are various breeds of piggies, does anyone know what kind she is?

[GuineaPigCages.com] Meet Piper

Congrats on the new piggy! Pic is a bit blurry, but I would say she's a short haired American. Did you double check her gender?

Yep, looks like short hair American to me, too (that's what my Borat is, near as I can figure).

I'm so glad you have a new friend to ease the pain of Hershey's loss. When Mufasa died, I got Borat almost immediately afterward because I couldn't stand having a quiet, empty cage, then I got Amy a few days later from Craigslist. I was lucky to find Borat at an animal shelter; be sure to watch Piper very closely for signs of illness, which is common in pet store piggies. That's how I lost Mufasa; he apparently had a URI when I bought him, but the signs were subtle until it was too late.

Piper looks like a real sweetheart. It's going to be so much fun for you to watch her grow and learn. Are you planning to get a buddy for her?

What a cutie!!

Yay! New piggy! Congrats, she's so cute. Please do be careful to watch her for signs of illness, and I'd suggest weighing every day for a week or so to help catch anything. I was horrified by (broken link removed) 's story. It was just heartbreaking. Behind her white stripe-does her hair swirl? Or is that just the pic? If the hair swirls, she might have some abysinnian in her.

She's doing okay for right now. And yes, she has a little curl back there. She's super sweet. And, I will definitely keep an eye on her. And, yup, she's definitely a female. I went to guinea lynx and checked the pics and she is a she. Thanks for the replies.

I love when they're small and squirrely! Then again, I also like when they grow into furry balls of fat.

Very adorable!

congrats she is adorable.

I took Piper to the vet yesterday. She's a very healthy little piggy. Nothing wrong with her. She's deinfitely a she, and she's only 3 months old. They gave her birthday as Valentine's Day. So, she's a Valentine Girl. lol Love her to death!! :)

Yay! New piggy! Congrats, she's so cute. Please do be careful to watch her for signs of illness, and I'd suggest weighing every day for a week or so to help catch anything. I was horrified by (broken link removed) 's story. It was just heartbreaking. Behind her white stripe-does her hair swirl? Or is that just the pic? If the hair swirls, she might have some abysinnian in her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.