Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Meet My New Boar - Bacon

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Well, I’m not really ready for a new pig after Ferb died, but the girls are. And I thought it would be good to give a pig a forever home for Christmas. So today the girls went to guinea pig speed dating at the Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue adoption meet.

We came home with a 1.5 year old neutered boar the rescue named Archibald. Neither Archibald (or Archie) suit him in my opinion. So for now he’s named Sir Francis Bacon, or Bacon for short.

The expected dominance dance is going on, but overall it’s been pretty good. Loud, lots of chasing and rumbling but no teeth chattering or nipping. They do all share food well.

Penny and Bacon keep chasing each other around the cage and Trixie keeps trying to hide under the hay piles. It’s all good. I’m hoping they settle down soon so I can put their fleece corner curtains back in as a first step.

Bacon is a friendly guy, here are some pictures (the most important part)!
[GuineaPigCages.com] Meet My New Boar - Bacon

I was there today! We were the special exception trio, Jenni (sp?) and Brittany helped me. I would have loved to have met you!

Congratulations on the new addition, Rywen! :cool: Sir Bacon looks like he can hold his own with the ladies. Penny should be happy to have a man in her life again. Good to see you posting!

Congratulations on your very cute new piggy!

Congratulations! Bacon is quite the sweet little man! Looks like he is fitting right in!

Thanks, everyone! Bacon and Penny appear to have come to some agreement about who is in charge. I suspect Penny is in charge but she somehow has Bacon thinking he is in charge.

Bacon is still giving Trixie a hard time, chasing her around and mounting her. Poor Trixie seems traumatized. I had her out for a while to give her a break and she ate bell pepper, so she’s not *that* traumatized.

Bacon is the sweetest boy, he’s not very skittish despite being in a new place, and he likes to cuddle with me!

Congratulations on a new pig! He's a handsome boar, and I hope your pigs adjust well!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.