Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Meet Diglett

pinky

Cavy Slave
I adopted a guinea pig off Craigslist today. She was listed a couple of weeks ago and the owner wanted to sell her and all of her belongings for $80. I contacted her and asked her if she would just consider selling the guinea pig. She looked like a teddy from the photo but I couldn't really tell. She said her hair kind of stuck up so I wasn't really sure. She said she had her for about 3 years. My husband thought the photo looked like a crested. I told her about my background with the rescue I volunteer with and she said she'd talk to her husband and get back to me. She called me back and agreed to take $25 for her. They're moving and she's expecting a baby and has a young daughter at home. They also have a big dog and it was just too much for her. The only bad thing was, it was in Chicago and I'm not a city driver. I asked some of my coworkers who know the area if it was safe and they said it was a predominately Polish neighborhood which put me more at ease because I grew up in a Polish neighborhood in Detroit. Well, long story short.... she is a teddy and very friendly. I can tell she must have gotten a lot of attention. I brought her home, trimmed her nails and put her in a 21 x 46" spare cage I use when I have adoptions here. I'll quarantine her for the three weeks and then introduce her to my female herds to see which group accepts her. I'm going to start with the mom and daughter pair first since they seem to be more laid back. Wishbone can be pretty territorial in the other group. I added her Craigslist photo and one I took of her when I got her home. She was going to be Rosebud but my son suggested Diglett, which rhymes with piglet and is a sweet little Pokemon... so that's it.

craiglist ad photo:

[GuineaPigCages.com] Meet Diglett

Photo I took:
[GuineaPigCages.com] Meet Diglett

Ahh! She's beautiful! Congrats!

She's adorable!!!! I've always wanted a teddy. Good luck with the introductions

[Dugrtio might have been better because of the 3 zigzags of brown on her back. haha]

she's a very cute piggie! Congrats! :)

awww so beautiful @pinky !!!!!

[Dugrtio might have been better because of the 3 zigzags of brown on her back. haha]

That's so funny... She does have those zigzags. We named Pikachu her name because it looked like the marking on her head was a lightning bolt like Pikachu's tail and she was sort of yellow. My son thought of Diglett because she was digging in her cage and the owner had just called her Pig.

I went back and looked at her photo and I really cracked up when I compared the three shapes to Dugtrio.......

aw diglett is one of the best names for a guinea pig Ive ever heard! I may have to steal it someday :p

aw diglett is one of the best names for a guinea pig Ive ever heard! I may have to steal it someday :p

Diglett would be happy to share her name. :)

What a cute little ball of fuzz!

Awww a teddy! So cute! This is so funny, Pinky, that you posted this today. The shelter I volunteer for just got a female guinea pig in and I was thinking about PMing you today and seeing if you could adopt her since I have all males. But then I saw this and was like, "Well, that settles that!" LOL

Awww a teddy! So cute! This is so funny, Pinky, that you posted this today. The shelter I volunteer for just got a female guinea pig in and I was thinking about PMing you today and seeing if you could adopt her since I have all males. But then I saw this and was like, "Well, that settles that!" LOL

I've been watching for a female teddy since September of 2010. I wasn't even sure if this one was a teddy but I couldn't resist her face. Don't show me your female or I'll be tempted..... ha ha

Ahhh I already posted about her on the adoptables page. She is super cute. Not a teddy but brown and white american. Can't wait to meet her when I am back at the shelter next week.

Ahhh I already posted about her on the adoptables page. She is super cute. Not a teddy but brown and white american. Can't wait to meet her when I am back at the shelter next week.

Of course, I checked it out. She's really cute! I think I would have brought Diglett home even if she hadn't turned out to be a teddy. Her ears looked like teddy ears but I expected her to be a crested.

What a cutie pie, the name too. Congrats on the new addition.

congrats to your piggie

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.