Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Maybe pregnant, little help maybe please!

TaraBear

Cavy Slave
Well heres the story, I've been searching for guinea pigs to adopt for quite some time now. I've had a two story c&c cage since last november, I've had there food bowls, fleece, cage has been all ready for a brand new guinea pig. There are no rescues where I live, & I didn't want to go pet store adoption because I've heard some horrible things. my childhood friend's cousin had some young guinea pig's & she was going to take them to the pet store & leave them there..which honestly upset me, So those are the sweet little piggys I have now, I've researched everything I can, I've been looking at the awesome cage designs on here, , they have all there hay, they got some of the cutest little pink guinea pig houses, they are the sweetest piggy's..I've had them for a a little over a week, they are about 6 weeks old..just started spurrting in grown in the last week.. two little piggy sisters, named them sammy & benelli.
Jokes on me. I noticed how the benelli was getting pretty big had a completely different attitude, eating like a pig, litterally....I told my sister last night you'd think the piggy was pregnant the way it's eating...nothing crossed my mind as I was told they were sisters, i checked them which i thought was properly. Then tonight im sitting in here just browsing the site holding my sammy..found the gender post with pictures...sammy is defintally a girl :)....Benelli is defintally not a girl....its a boy...I got a little bit upset because it was my fault, & i realize that (please don't judge me for not making better sure..) because i completely realize that I should have checked better..but when I did check when i got them, I don't think he was old enough to really be that sure because they both honestly looked the same...so yeah I cryed a few tears cause it kinda freaked me out....I seperated them already & there squeeling for each other and it completely breaks my heart to see them so sad now. But I know that it's probably a good thing incase sammy's not pregnant...I dont know if she is...because I mean I havent had her long enough to be able to tell many of the sign's.. & they lived together before i got them im sure.. I am going to add a picture if someone can tell me if she looks like she is...
I am now calm & I hope she's not for her health because shes so young right now..but if she is, I have completely prepared everything, got another cage for benelli, now benny..coming shortley.
& if she doesnt look pregnant...is there like any hope or chance at all that even though they've been living together in the same house for 6-7 weeks that shes not pregnant?
[GuineaPigCages.com] Maybe pregnant, little help maybe please![GuineaPigCages.com] Maybe pregnant, little help maybe please!

Welcome to the forum. I cannot tell by the picture if she is pregnant. If she has been living with the boy you do have a good chance she is. Her body will become very pair shaped. Pregnancy takes 52 to 70 days. There is many threada about pregnancy. Also guinealynx.com has alot of info.

She's so cute, and looks like my female piggy! I can't tell either, nor do I know how pregnant piggies look like, I'm just here to say that she's cute.

Aw thanks, I love her so much!

I might be able to tell better if you gave a side view of it. But by the way it looks, she definatley has a pear shape, which is a possible sign of pregnancy. So it is a possibilty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.