Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Maybe new babies from Craigslist!~

macysmom

Cavy Slave
I have been looking virtually everywhere for a female GP to adopt to pair up w/ Macy. Well I found not one but a pair. (broken link removed)
Is is harder to introduce a pair to a single or does it still go pretty much the same way? The intro is really the only thing that I am worried about. Are there any questions specifically that ya"ll can think of that I should ask before getting them. She doesnt know really how old they are because she got them from a friend, but she has had them 5 months. She is rehomeing because her college dorm won't allow them. I'm so excited!!

Cute pigs! I've never done introductions so I'm not sure... In theory this is a better way to introduce them than just a single pig because if they don't get along you at least have one pair, instead of 2 singular pigs.

You might ask about when they last went to the vet, and be sure to check their gender yourself before you pair them up with Macy.

*Afterthought* you also need to be sure you have enough space for 3 guinea pigs - at least a 2x5 grid cage.

Thanks for the advice! I do plan on sexing them myself for sure. They have never been to the vet, but I plan on taking them for a checkup during their quarantine. The cage I have now is a 2x4 and I already have the coro and grids to expand to a 3x5, I just havent done it yet. I just really hope this goes well, the intros are the only thing that I am really worried about. They are in a petstore cage, can they stay in that during their quarantine? I know that isnt ideal but would it work?

I would keep them in the pet store cage during the quarantine. It's temporary so it should be fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.