Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Maybe I'm not done designing my cage! Tubing!?!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Thanks, after I finish spot cleaning and adjusting I will post more pictures with the front tube added in. I just put it in and although I feel like now the second level needs to go to loft height instead of patio height so I can see inside the bottom of the cage it looks good and one of my pigs just spent like 20 minutes just walking back and forth in the second tube LOL

Traysea

Cavy Slave
You may want to consider getting T sections and putting it in the middle of all four corners of the cage for exact esscape routes. I hope this makes sense.

T sections wouldn't fit, because the tube is 6" diameter PVC T sections would be too big and wouldn't be very helpful since they could just lay in the T and still have the same problem. Right now they are not having a problem and it's really no different than going up and down the ramp since it's just about as wide as my ramp.

Liviebrew1

Cavy Slave
I am so jealous of how cute your cage is!!! I like the clear tunnel idea a lot. I may have to try this instead of a ramp going to the loft.:rolleyes:

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Here is a cage I had saved that someone shared that uses acrylic for the ramp. It might present some problems using the tube as ramp since it's round and not flat, might be slightly harder to get up. Also, it's kinda pricey because most places only sell 6 foot long sections of the tubing.

I am so jealous of how cute your cage is!!! I like the clear tunnel idea a lot. I may have to try this instead of a ramp going to the loft.:rolleyes:

Attachments

4cage030210.JPG 2cage030210.JPG

Rach84

Cavy Slave
Your cage looks stunning! I am totally in love!! :)

An on another note - how cute are the fluffy little piggies in that picture!! Xx

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Traysea, with all the incredible ideas and innovative little tutorials you come up with, I really think the cage store should be employing you to make little extras for them, like your no-sew beds etc lol Either that, or you should have your own little online business!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
LOL thanks. I actually have my own lil online business (I manufacture and sell unmounted art rubber stamps). I just do this for fun and because I love decorating it for my kids. My art studio is being renovated and all my scrapbooking and rubber stamping supplies are unaccessible so my piggy cage is getting all my crafting attention. I love making little worlds. Something about building mini environments make me happy. I also made a ton of tiny living moss world terrariums to give away as gifts using train figures and live mosses. I don't think I am allowed to post those here though but they are really easy and fun to make.

@Traysea , with all the incredible ideas and innovative little tutorials you come up with, I really think the cage store should be employing you to make little extras for them, like your no-sew beds etc lol Either that, or you should have your own little online business!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
I love arts and crafts too! I used to sew loads when I was younger, but now all my creative attention has turned to my baking, something else I've been doing pretty much since I was old enough to hold a spoon haha! My dream is actually to own my own patisserie lol

I cut up yet another pair of my pyjamas to make a no-sew bed for my girls, figured they needed a spare one so they have options right ;) it's just so addictive making their cage look pretty and perfect!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
I know isn't it!!! It really bugs me when my cage isn't coordinated. But the more I add to it then I have to mix and match my fleece because I didn't buy or sew enough of a certain pattern. Now I want to go back and do some solid colors and simple universal patterns. I have 2 other patterns I have to work on first before I will allow myself to buy more fleece though. That is my rule. I have to try and use what I already bought first.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Oh my god, me too. I use a plain fleece as their bedding, though, so pretty much anything goes with it luckily.

I'm trying to stick to certain colours, though, because I'm moving house in the next few months, and have a colour scheme picked out for my new room, that I'm hoping to match the cage with haha! I want a purple and cream room, so naturally, the girls have one cream fleece and one purple fleece hehe.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Of course you have to do that! I just fall in love with all the patterns and can't help myself. Once I imagine my cage dressed up in a new pattern I HAVE to have it!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
I even managed to get a purple litterbox so as that coordinates too!

I'd really love to get my hands on some cream fleece with purple hearts on, or something like that. The chances of me finding it however, are slim to none haha.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Haha! Same here! My main color scheme is purple and cream right now, because my room is too. I'm hoping to eventually go for a rococo, paris royalty theme. Even have a mini four poster bed all made out of fleece and coroplast. Hehe (I know... Little weird but I like to dramatize things haha)

I'm trying to find some LED lights to weave around the top of the grids. I just love the way they look!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Have you checked on amazon for the lights. I got my tube lights on amazon. Funny I just bought furniture for their cage last week. Im waiting for a plastic hello kitty one from Target and a black and pink upholstered couch from Ebay. Try looking for doll beds (barbies or larger) you might be able to find a four poster bed pre made.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Nah I love making things from scratch, plus then I can make it all customized to her size. :3 Plus I make... basically everything in dollhouses and dollhouses themselves so I'm used to doing that kind of thing. Haha I'm so excited, it's gonna be really cute!

Oh shoot! I forgot I did find them on amazon before! Darn it, I just​ bought some stud from there too. Me and my ADHD. Lol

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Well if you have prime shipping is on them anyway right LOL

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
*stuff* LOL Didn't you hear? Amazon now offers mail order men!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
@LuvCavysLuvCats yay, another purple and cream fiend! I even like trying to match my loungewear to my colour scheme - purple dressing gown with cream trim, cream slippers with purple trim - I'm obsessed!

SO cute that you're making her a four poster bed! You have to post pictures!

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Ok I couldn't take it. I put in the second tube. I need to sew some stiffer waterproof pads for inside the tubes, the loose fleece was not working well. They love it and have spent the morning doing laps.

74908_10202551394763275_1848573845_n.jpg

1531955_10202551395243287_1222201950_n.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.