Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

May not be around for awhile

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Laura- toasting your mom with champagne as you spread her ashes was a very loving gesture. I know you will miss her as much as I miss my mom. But I know deep down they will always be with us no matter where we go in life or what we do. I know it's still fresh and still very hard and painful, but each day will get better for us. You are just going into adulthood and are having many responsibilities placed on your shoulders at such a young age. I can't imagine how overwhelming it is for you. But you are a strong young woman and things will get easier in time. Take good care of your family.

My dad has spent time with me here at my house every day since Sunday. I think it's good for him to get out of his house each day right now. We talk about mom sometimes and I think it's good therapy for both of us. We are hanging in there and things get a tiny bit easier as each day passes. I guess now I am truly daddy's girl even though I am 40. Someone has to keep him in line with mom being gone. I still miss her terribly and will always miss her terribly. At times I pick up the phone to call her then it hits me and I cry again. I think the hardest time for me and dad both is at night when we go to bed. For dad, I can't imagine what he goes through crawling into the bed they have shared for so many years and knowing it was that same bed where she died and having found her. It has to be so painful for him. Me, I go to bed and lay there and think about her and sometimes talk to her. I hope where ever she is, that she's listening.

I've been taking things one day at a time still. I had wanted to work on the house and throw myself into a major late spring cleaning but haven't had the energy yet to do anything. Every day I think, "Ok, I will start today" and then when I get up, it's like the day before and I think it can wait one more day. I have to start finding some energy somewhere to get things done. I want to change my living room around and move the girls back in the living room since Jesse (my son) moved in with his dad. I want to go through and dust the house and straighten up the utility room and do some other things. Maybe you all can send me some energy vibes.

I still have to get thank you notes written from my family which I will do sometime this weekend.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
****Sending energy vibes for you.****
And keeping your family in my prayers.

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
Ly & Laura,
I'm not around much and you don't know me but I just want to tell you both how very sorry I am that you lost your mothers. I can't even imagine the pain you are both going through. I hope yall are doing somewhat better. I don't have any helpful advice or fancy words to tell you. Just know that I sincerely care and will keep you and your families in my thoughts and prayers.

spiffykinkajou

Cavy Slave
VoodooJoint said:
I know that people mean well but religion must be left off of this forum.

We have a very diverse bunch of people here and many do not share the same religious views. It is better if religion stays completely out of discussions and comments.

I must say something and I am not trying to provoke anything either though.
I am offended and hopefully I am not the only one.
You are right, there is a very diverse bunch here and even though we may not share the same religious views does not mean that we can't get along peacefully.
By telling someone that they are praying for them when they have lost family members or a beloved pet (and i've seen it in other threads like in memorium) is not only comforting to the person who we are praying for but comforting to ourselves also.
I have also seen some names in here that are "religious" names that one may find offensive also.
I have also read the rules AGAIN and have found nothing stating that we cannot mention anything "religious".
Simply telling someone that we are praying for them, may or may not be a "religious" thing to some of us.
And there are some who do not consider it "religion" but a relationship.
Thank you.

Last edited:

spiffykinkajou

Cavy Slave
Ly, I am keeping you in my prayers and I hope all is going well with you and your family.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Oh Ly, I know I have nto been here much at all but I am so sorry about your lost of your mother. Oh please accept my condolences and Hugs to you Sweetie.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have something to say. When VJ said "I know that people mean well but religion must be left off of this forum. We have a very diverse bunch of people here and many do not share the same religious views. It is better if religion stays completely out of discussions and comments.", it was in reference to this "remember the Lord is carrying you thru every day and moment. He loves you and your mom and He has welcomed your mom in open arms to keep her happy for Eternity.", which is a religious statement.

Telling someone you are praying for them is fine. But making statements as the ones above are not fine. Now if you want to have anymore discussion about this, send a private message to me or one of the other mods and we will discuss it. I don't want to deal with this issue on my thread any further as it's upsetting me right now.

I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I am still grieving so much and still am having a rough time of things but I think about how she's finally at peace and out of pain and that's somewhat of a comfort. I am sure wherever she is, she's looking over me, my dad, my brother and my kids.

JennG

Cavy Slave
It's bad that you had to address this but those of us who've been around long enough know that VJ was not trying to offend just state what this is for. End of Discussion!!

I'm still thinking about you and your family. I hope things are getting alittle easier as you try and readjust to this situation. Take care and lots of hug and love!!

PHB

spiffykinkajou

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.