Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mattress Pads

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I have just changed to fleece tonight. I'm so excited. I'm using puppy pads, oodles of newspaper, several thick beach towels then fleece. I haven't bought mattress pads yet because I don't know what size to buy. Wal-Mart has some on clearance, online, in twin and full. All crib mattress pads I've found are waterproof. :sad: Can you buy a full size and cut it to fit or will it unravel? My cage is 2x4. I'd like to be able to get two out of one by cutting it. Please help me? What size do I buy? Thank you in advance!

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I bought a twin size for my 2x8 cage. It's slightly short but covers most of the cage. I cut the edging off that would go down the sides of the bed so it lays flatter and folded the edge a couple inches so it wasn't wider than the cage. I put the folded side under the water bottles so it's double thick there. You could probably cut it without problems. It hasn't come apart where I cut the edge with elastic off.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Look for them in thrift stores too. I just bought 2 more at the thrift store today for .50 each.

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
Thank you both! I think I'll try to find two twins. Wow, $.50, sure beats $13! Skipping off to the thrift store...

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Lacy&Buttercup, what was your username before you had it changed? I can't figure it out!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Lacy&Buttercup, what was your username before you had it changed? I can't figure it out!
I believe it was melissaistaken.

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
Ly&Pigs said:
I believe it was melissaistaken.

It was.

I went to the thrift store today and only found one for $8.99. The layers and sewing were coming apart. Call me crazy but I just won a bid on Ebay. I got two new twins for $13.76 total. Next step, buying a hand vacuum.

Lacy&Buttercup

Cavy Slave
Well, I've got the hand vac. I love it! My mattress pads came yesterday. They are so thin! Are they usually thin? I've never seen a mattress pad in all my 35 years. I've decided to sew my fleece to the pads. My question: Since they're thin, should I sew two pads together? Thanks for any answers!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.