Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Males making high pitched squeaking noises

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
So, I'll start off with the fact that yesterday we got our first foster piggy, Peanut and while he is in a completely seperate room my two current males have been acting strangely since he arrived.

Now, this morning my boyfriend and I woke up to one of our pigs chirping. We laid there and listened to it for quite a while until we very slowly and quietly crept up to the cage and it wasn't our girl, Pandora which is the only one I've ever heard do it before, it sounded like it was coming from our males cage! But before we could check the chirping stopped.

While I was watching him (our largest male, Flapjack) he started making a high squealing noise and when I reached into the cage he started darting around. Does anyone know what's going on? Maybe jealousy?

If you have more than one male with a female in the same vicinity, males can get competitive. They probably know there's another male nearby.

Well the two males I had prior to the foster coming in were fine. Never chewed the bars. The were fine above the girls in their own little world but since the new male has come they have been chewing the bars on the cage, freaking out and running around. I figured as long as the new male, our foster, wasn't in the same room they would be fine but they have been rumblestrutting alot as well. Do you think it's because they don't want him here?

As for this morning, he was probably just wondering why you were spying on him!

Your males probably smell/hear the other pig.

Lol yeah, he's my big baby. I'm just hoping they will get used to him being here. I don't like seeing them being so stressed out. Can I do anything to help the process of them getting used to the idea of him being here?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.