Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Making a fleece forest

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've searched and searched and searched. I cannot find any threads on making a fleece forest.

Anyone care to share their methods on making a fleece forest?
I plan to make a corner or a whole end as a fleece forest and possibly have a bent grid as a fleece forest tunnel.

TYVM!

I thought that was what a fleece forest was-strips on every square. I've also seen strips along the outside edges of the grid only. I was thinking of putting strips along the outside edges with a solid piece of fleece on top for a roof. Some people also just clip the fleece over the wire instead of tying it, so it's easier to remove for washing. 1 more, then I'm done...LOL. You can measure a piece of fleece 14 inches wide and twice the height you want to hang the grid. Cut into 1 inch strips, leaving a 1 inch solid piece inthe middle. It will be fringed on 2 ends. Drape it over the grid so the fringes hand down on either side of the wire. I think this is the easiest way.

I have one that isn't cut into strips and only hangs on the outside to make a curtain. So not really a fleece forest lol. Like (broken link removed).

I thought that was what a fleece forest was-strips on every square. I've also seen strips along the outside edges of the grid only. I was thinking of putting strips along the outside edges with a solid piece of fleece on top for a roof. Some people also just clip the fleece over the wire instead of tying it, so it's easier to remove for washing. 1 more, then I'm done...LOL. You can measure a piece of fleece 14 inches wide and twice the height you want to hang the grid. Cut into 1 inch strips, leaving a 1 inch solid piece inthe middle. It will be fringed on 2 ends. Drape it over the grid so the fringes hand down on either side of the wire. I think this is the easiest way.

I believe fleece forest can be in whatever design you want. Either on the outside or all over or in zig zags xD

Another reason I'm asking for all the different methods is I'd like to see ways I can make them removable to clean them should piggy get them dirty some how or if I want to change the design.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Making a fleece forest[GuineaPigCages.com] Making a fleece forest[GuineaPigCages.com] Making a fleece forest Start by cutting squares of fleece like shown in picture then tie the one end to the grid.

Another reason I'm asking for all the different methods is I'd like to see ways I can make them removable to clean them should piggy get them dirty some how or if I want to change the design.

Here's another way they're made. I'm not sure how to make them this way but I ordered one from her, I'm excited to use it once it gets here!! This one you don't have to take apart to wash either :)

Here's another way they're made. I'm not sure how to make them this way but I ordered one from her, I'm excited to use it once it gets here!! This one you don't have to take apart to wash either :)

interesting....
it looks like she sewed the fringes onto the "roof"

interesting....
it looks like she sewed the fringes onto the "roof"
It looks that way - I hope to attempt making one after I get my hands on this one so I can examine it better! I will post if I succeed in making a replica! Still waiting for them to ship though because she's also making me liners for my cage and those are time consuming!

[h=2]here's instructions by @Hhbean that i've used and love!!

Easy Fleece Forest[/h]
I've had a few people ask about the fleece forests I've made for my boys, so I thought I would post a thread for all to see. I was so tired of tying and untying all those fleece strips in order to wash but my guys love them so much I had to figure out something to make us all happy:crazy:! Here is a picture with directions to follow:
(broken link removed)(broken link removed)

1. Cut a piece of fleece that is as wide as 1 grid and the length of 2 grids.
2. Fold fleece in half length wise.
3. Cut nine strips(evenly if you can:p) stoping about an 1/2 inch or so from the fold.
4. Unfold fleece and drape acoss 2 rows and pull the stripes down:cheerful:!

These are so easy to just pull off, wash and put back. You can make more or less panels depending on what your piggy prefers. I hope this helped and the directions are clear.​

here's instructions by @Hhbean that i've used and love!!

Easy Fleece Forest

I've had a few people ask about the fleece forests I've made for my boys, so I thought I would post a thread for all to see. I was so tired of tying and untying all those fleece strips in order to wash but my guys love them so much I had to figure out something to make us all happy:crazy:! Here is a picture with directions to follow:
(broken link removed)(broken link removed)

1. Cut a piece of fleece that is as wide as 1 grid and the length of 2 grids.
2. Fold fleece in half length wise.
3. Cut nine strips(evenly if you can:p) stoping about an 1/2 inch or so from the fold.
4. Unfold fleece and drape acoss 2 rows and pull the stripes down:cheerful:!

These are so easy to just pull off, wash and put back. You can make more or less panels depending on what your piggy prefers. I hope this helped and the directions are clear.​

I cannot see photos

Nope, invalid attachment. That happens to me all of the time. I think I get the point though...it might be better than untying the strips each time I want to wash them :)

Here is a link to her photo album where you can see the fleece forests (toward the bottom of the page): (broken link removed)

Or in this thread, #15 https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/67935/

Wish I would've seen these before I made mine! Might make adjustments to it later though...

Click the blue parts that say "attachment 19133" and "attachment 19134" and it will take you to the pics.

nope
did that already
cannot see photos

but i think I get the idea on the directions

if you go to the main forums, the accessories part and use the search box for "easy fleece forest" it should take you to the original post

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.